2.5-3” lift for 4xe for around $1500-2000

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had the AEV 2.5 inch lift on my gas Rubicon and really enjoyed it. It was a great lift for only around $1500 US. Unfortunately their lift for the 4xe is still under development and we likely won’t see it until late this year. Who knows maybe even next year? Are there any spring and shock lifts for the 4xe for around that price? I know teraflex makes a good lft but I believe it’s close to $3000 with their shocks.

Thank you!

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/
Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
I'll try to save you some grief as the typical response is gonna be "use the search bar"...

There are quite a few options out there right now from Evo, RK, Metalcloak, and Clayton. Metalcloak is probably what I would consider the top of the heap on price and they recommend driveshaft replacement if you use their shocks. Some have been able to make other kits work that aren't specific to the 4xe (I know of at least one running Synergy and another running a prototype kit from Rancho). I personally am running the AEV 2" spacer lift as that is what they are equipping AEV JL350 conversion 4xe's until I'm ready to go full ham on something like Metalcloak. Set me back a whopping $400 + mopar lift LCA's for about $70 and works like a charm for my 37's with clearance to spare at full flex.

OP
OP
Hoote

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah, I should have done a bit more research first. What I did find after I posted this was a lot of good info on metal cloak. Do I am leaning towards the metal cloak 2.5” dual rate kit with hd drop brackets and rock sport shocks. But thank you for responding and giving me that advice

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Yeah, I should have done a bit more research first. What I did find after I posted this was a lot of good info on metal cloak. Do I am leaning towards the metal cloak 2.5” dual rate kit with hd drop brackets and rock sport shocks. But thank you for responding and giving me that advice
Just be aware with the rock Sport shocks, you’re gonna need a new driveshaft. RK figured this out early on that there is a limit to how much shock travel you can have without grinding or rubbing the driveshaft on the housing. Metalcloak’s answer was simply to replace the driveshaft to maximize downward travel.

OP
OP
Hoote

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So if I went with a shorter travel shock like the Bilstein 5100, would I still need a new drive shaft for a 2.5” lift?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So you guys with 37s on the 4xe... what's your new electric-only range? 15 miles? 10 miles?

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Doubtful, I’m at 23 with 35’s. I would be shocked if they were below 18 or 19.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
So if I went with a shorter travel shock like the Bilstein 5100, would I still need a new drive shaft for a 2.5” lift?
You would need to limit shock length at full droop. Good bunch of guys to deal with at MC. Give them a call and they should be able to help you out. Otherwise you can disconnect everything and do some jacking and measuring to get those numbers.

fcsallan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4Xe
Occupation
Manager of ones and zero's
@Ubnover Is that 26 miles after adjusting the Speedo to compensate for the tire size?

I ask because I have an EVO lift with 35" Coopers and although for the two weeks that I had not adjusted the speedo, The dash said I got 26 miles electric, as soon as the speedo was fixed, it dropped to 24.

I also noted that you have to be much easier on the throttle in Hybrid mode to keep the ICE from engaging. Not bad in either case really. Still lots of power and hardly notable difference in acceleration or braking, but there are differences.

Sponsored

fcsallan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4Xe
Occupation
Manager of ones and zero's
As eluded to in my previous reply, I went with EVO Manufacturing's 2.5" lift. Net lift was nearly 5" with 35" tires. 37" should net one more inch.

https://evomfg.com/products/jeep-wr...-overland-sahara-sport?variant=42534658081006

Love this kit. Well thought out and geometry just works. No need for new shaft. Full droop with this installed still gives me enough room to slide my hand in between the shaft and the cross.

OP
OP
Hoote

Hoote

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What’s the ride like? I hear they are pretty soft? We like the stiffer sporty lifts. Would this be the same or is it softer? Any pics of your Jeep?

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
With all this said I had superior luck with the Mopar kit and Metal Cloak Octo (8) arms on 37s. Had I do it again cause I'm ocd I'd do all Metal Cloak. However speaking to FOX in the Mopar shocks the droop limit is 26.7 longer then the ones FOX sells. Metal Cloaks are a tad under 30 however the 2.5 lift yeild 2.5 and under the 3.5 offers 3.5 and under. Also droop is highly rated as your drive shaft will be needed. These questions are asked as if your in a lot on a forklift trying to articulate max droop. With that said and ride quality as the MC dual rate springs are not road friendly with mud or E tires I went with what I did. Build as your needs not budget and DONT BUY A JEEP TO SHARE WITH THE WIFE AND CALL IT "OUR OR "WE FUC THAT. Women don't even jeep wave like Galditor goons. Get her own jeep.

Last edited:

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yup NO bs and loving it. Disconnected all the speakers for ambient sound can't even hear me creep up. I charge at all public free locations like PD etc. Last week went to death valley was getting 99+ mpge clocked.
Sponsored