Sponsored

2.5” or 3.5” lift for 37s?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
What's that extra step under the driver door?
My wife has bionic knees so I fabricated them from a standard stair tread and some angle iron to make it easier for her to get in and out. They attach with 4 bolts each to the ROAM slider frame mounts and are fairly easy to remove when going off-road.

In the near future, I am going to re-create them using aluminum (replacing the angle iron) to make them a little lighter.

iddpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just edited my post when I realized I left that part out:

BFG K02's in 37x12.50x17 in Load Range C.
Your ride looks great!

A thing to remember is also the tire size as some 37's measure smaller than others which can also affect rubbing and clearances (also back spacing on wheels etc., etc.). I had a full JKS 2.5” lift and added steering components on my JK Rubicon with 35's, and wished I'd gone to 3.5". Fortunately, with JKS, EVO and others, if the kits are similar you can very easily go bigger or smaller without too much hassle using different springs, etc.

As I mentioned, I'm running an EVO 2.5" lift with 3/4" leveling spaces and I'm just making time to install 3.5" springs. Again, depends on what you're doing, how much extra weight and where you want to go, IMO if you have a good lift / components the ride and handling will be comparable. In my situation, I've tried to keep the COG low, but after loading the Jeep and traveling the 3.5" lift is perfect.

IMG_0778 (1).jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your ride looks great!

A thing to remember is also the tire size as some 37's measure smaller than others which can also affect rubbing and clearances (also back spacing on wheels etc., etc.). I had a full JKS 2.5” lift and added steering components on my JK Rubicon with 35's, and wished I'd gone to 3.5". Fortunately, with JKS, EVO and others, if the kits are similar you can very easily go bigger or smaller without too much hassle using different springs, etc.

As I mentioned, I'm running an EVO 2.5" lift with 3/4" leveling spaces and I'm just making time to install 3.5" springs. Again, depends on what you're doing, how much extra weight and where you want to go, IMO if you have a good lift / components the ride and handling will be comparable. In my situation, I've tried to keep the COG low, but after loading the Jeep and traveling the 3.5" lift is perfect.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5” or 3.5” lift for 37s? IMG_0778 (1)
Looks great brother, glad to see you back out and about……

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
My wife has bionic knees so I fabricated them from a standard stair tread and some angle iron to make it easier for her to get in and out. They attach with 4 bolts each to the ROAM slider frame mounts and are fairly easy to remove when going off-road.

In the near future, I am going to re-create them using aluminum (replacing the angle iron) to make them a little lighter.
They look an aftermarket item, not home made. I have one bionic knee & need to do something different. I'm getting 37's & more lift, so my knee isn't going to handle it well. Yours look damn good.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They look an aftermarket item, not home made. I have one bionic knee & need to do something different. I'm getting 37's & more lift, so my knee isn't going to handle it well. Yours look damn good.
Many thanks for the kind words. I wanted to match as closely as I could to the ROAM steps so they would not look out of place. I mocked it up a few times before welding it out and having it epoxy paint coated.

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
I have a question.

Do all 37''s with a lift rub on the rear fenders plastic bulges? Ive seen some posts about having to remove the lower plastic that flows into the bumper. I dont want to have to do that to run 37's. I think that looks unsightly.

This bulge.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5” or 3.5” lift for 37s? img_2642-jpe

The fix I don't want to have to do.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5” or 3.5” lift for 37s? img_2644-jpe

Is that rubbing caused by any 37" tire? Or is it a 2.5" thing? Does 3.5" lift solve that?

Id like to buy some 37x12x17 SST pros or KM3 tires to use on my icon 17x8.5 -6ET / 4.53BS compression wheels. Im just trying to figure out what lift and tire choice to go with that doesnt require me to cut a lot of shit off.

I know I will have to limit my uptravel with my backspace choice. Im ok with that. I dont want my tire smashing my fenders off. But having to remove that fender to bumper plastic is not something Id like to do.

Thank you

Reactions: J0E

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
You can avoid it with enough lift and bump. MC 3.5 lift for example would give you plenty of travel for 37s and keep you out of your inner fender. also, lots of folks hit that panel with a heat gun and flatten/invert the bulge.

fwiw My Evo 2.5” lift contacted that panel pretty regularly on 37s. I ended up doing a fender chop, and gutted all that inner fender. The rub never was really a problem for me, just friction marks. I ended up going 3.5” coils from evo, bc I bottomed out constantly with the 2.5” coils.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question.

Do all 37''s with a lift rub on the rear fenders plastic bulges? Ive seen some posts about having to remove the lower plastic that flows into the bumper. I dont want to have to do that to run 37's. I think that looks unsightly.

This bulge.

Is that rubbing caused by any 37" tire? Or is it a 2.5" thing? Does 3.5" lift solve that?

Id like to buy some 37x12x17 SST pros or KM3 tires to use on my icon 17x8.5 -6ET / 4.53BS compression wheels. Im just trying to figure out what lift and tire choice to go with that doesnt require me to cut a lot of shit off.

I know I will have to limit my uptravel with my backspace choice. Im ok with that. I dont want my tire smashing my fenders off. But having to remove that fender to bumper plastic is not something Id like to do.

Thank you
Some guys heat it up and reshape it, push it in ….

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I have a question.

This bulge.
img_2642-jpeg.jpg

img_2644-jpeg.jpg

Thank you
With 37" KM3's and RK JL 2.5 Inch Adventure System - TT+ RK rear uppers mine rubs there but I've been living with it. I might try the heat gun before the knife.

Im ok with that. I just want to make sure I dont have to remove it. I like how clean it looks factory wise.
If I remove it, I'll reinstall it when it goes up for sell in about a year (to get ready for my next build).

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
My wife's JLUR with a 3.5" MC GC does not interfere with the inner fenders.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I have a question.

This bulge.

Thank you
You don't need to remove them. When I had the OEM inners and rear steel bumper, I heated mine up with a heat gun and "adjusted" them. It looked fine. No issues rubbing after that.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
OP, go with the 3.5 inch lift. You won't regret it. Mine is a daily driver and I'm very happy with my 3.5 inch MetalCloak Gamechanger lift (with Rock Sport shocks).
Sponsored