bmbelo

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Hi there,

New owner and member here from France. Just got an '18 black JLUR from Germany.

I'm trying to better understand the origin of this engine. According to the available online info, it seems to be an FCA engine based on the PSA DW12. Can anybody confirm this? How about engine code or engine repair manual....any idea where to find these?

Thanks, hope to contribute to the community.

Regards from France,

Bruno.
Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Hi there,

I'm trying to better understand the origin of this engine. According to the available online info, it seems to be an FCA engine based on the PSA DW12. Can anybody confirm this? How about engine code or engine repair manual....any idea where to find these?

Regards from France,

Bruno.
welcome to jeepworld

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hi there,

Regards from France,

Bruno.
It's the Fiat JTD engine. It has a different bore and stroke to the PSA engine and I'd be surprised if they're related given the PSA was also a joint venture with Ford. So far the 2.2 has been in the Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler and the Alfa Guilia and Stelvio. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info available on them and very few performance parts. I'm kind of glad about the lack of performance parts though as mine went to the dealer on a tilt tray this morning with a CEL and in limp mode with Fuel Rail Pressure fault.

OP
OP

bmbelo

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
It's the Fiat JTD engine. It has a different bore and stroke to the PSA engine and I'd be surprised if they're related given the PSA was also a joint venture with Ford. So far the 2.2 has been in the Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler and the Alfa Guilia and Stelvio. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info available on them and very few performance parts. I'm kind of glad about the lack of performance parts though as mine went to the dealer on a tilt tray this morning with a CEL and in limp mode with Fuel Rail Pressure fault.
Ahh you are right, I hadn't bothered checking for bore x stroke. Good point, makes sense then.

It's a shame for the cel, you wanna share with us how many kms your JL has and whats your overall impression of this engine? You managed to check live data with JScan? Either faulty sensor/wiring, pump or injectors.... Lets hope it's not something "chronical" on these engines as there aren't a bunch out there and they're relatively new, at least in the Wrangler.

I was hoping for some proper reliability for this one as I "downgraded" from a N57 into the wrangler....

Keep us informed about the diagnostics please.

Thanks and best of luck.

Bruno.

Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh you are right, I hadn't bothered checking for bore x stroke. Good point, makes sense then.

It's a shame for the cel, you wanna share with us how many kms your JL has and whats your overall impression of this engine? You managed to check live data with JScan? Either faulty sensor/wiring, pump or injectors.... Lets hope it's not something "chronical" on these engines as there aren't a bunch out there and they're relatively new, at least in the Wrangler.

I was hoping for some proper reliability for this one as I "downgraded" from a N57 into the wrangler....

Keep us informed about the diagnostics please.

Thanks and best of luck.

Bruno.
I just rolled over 19,000km when the fault occurred. We get 5 year road side assistance included when we buy a Jeep in Australia so they sent someone out to check the issue and see if they could resolve before sending to the dealer. He was able to scan using an Autel scanner. I've got a Tazer and it didn't actually pick up any codes. I'm considering buying JScan as it seems to have more functionality and I'd like to be able to see live data.

I received a call from the dealer yesterday and they said they actually found 2 codes, both fuel rail pressure higher than commanded and boost pressure higher than commanded.

OP
OP

bmbelo

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
I just rolled over 19,000km when the fault occurred. We get 5 year road side assistance included when we buy a Jeep in Australia so they sent someone out to check the issue and see if they could resolve before sending to the dealer. He was able to scan using an Autel scanner. I've got a Tazer and it didn't actually pick up any codes. I'm considering buying JScan as it seems to have more functionality and I'd like to be able to see live data.

I received a call from the dealer yesterday and they said they actually found 2 codes, both fuel rail pressure higher than commanded and boost pressure higher than commanded.
Ok, good stuff..... Let us know how it turns out in the end!

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, good stuff..... Let us know how it turns out in the end!
Good news, I got it back. All they could find was a loose connection on one of the sensors. Given I've already had a loose connection on a tail light which caused it to not work and a loose connection on the sub causing audio issues it doesn't really surprise me. Plenty of other posts on here and FB groups about issues with loose connectors. Just Experience Eternal Problems :)

OP
OP

bmbelo

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Good news, I got it back. All they could find was a loose connection on one of the sensors. Given I've already had a loose connection on a tail light which caused it to not work and a loose connection on the sub causing audio issues it doesn't really surprise me. Plenty of other posts on here and FB groups about issues with loose connectors. Just Experience Eternal Problems :)
Ok so no worries then..... Must be from corrogations :D

Multihull

First Name
Commander Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Multihull Consultant, Automotive Drive Consultant
Has anyone got the Mopar parts list for the 2.2 engine componts?
I'd like one so I can look up parts via Mopar suppliers as these 2.2s don't come up on any of the USA parts websites but they are available if you type in the correct parts #.

OP
OP

bmbelo

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Has anyone got the Mopar parts list for the 2.2 engine componts?
I'd like one so I can look up parts via Mopar suppliers as these 2.2s don't come up on any of the USA parts websites but they are available if you type in the correct parts #.
My turbo says MOPAR on it but that's about all I could find for the 2.2... 😅 I don't see the benefit though, other aftermarket brands offer better products don't you think...?
Sponsored