Sponsored

2.0t Rubicon on stock 4.10 gears and 315/70r17 tires?

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Local Government Official
I know this has been discussed at nauseum, but I'm trying to find out specifically on a stock Rubicon 2.0t how it fares with 315/70r17 tires. If the speedometer is calibrated, does it hold 8th okay at 70-75 mph? Lots of stuff out there for the 3.6 people but I can't find much specific to the 2.0t.
Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
It holds 8. Michigan is pretty flat. I noticed if I take the roof and doors, it drags more and it stays in 7 a bit more.

OP
OP
DougJaneway

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
It holds 8. Michigan is pretty flat. I noticed if I take the roof and doors, it drags more and it stays in 7 a bit more.
What tires you running? Stock wheels?

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Doug, we're in N Texas and I find that it doesn't hold 8th as much as I would like. Our mileage hangs around 18 MPG on the 2020 2.0T eTorque using 87 octane on BFG KO2s.

That being said, it seems wind (head/tail/cross) has a huge impact and since I've been paying attention, I've also been paying attention to the weather. The shift behavior changed when we went on our last road trip too where it stayed in 8th more and the mileage improved... until we got back to TX.

If you look at the various threads on mileage you'll see quite a bit of variation there as well. I suspect the variance is a combination of elevation, fuel, road surface, and vehicle "personality" but I don't know which is the dominant factor.

All that being said, 18'ish MPG is good enough for me and I'd do it again.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Doug, we're in N Texas and I find that it doesn't hold 8th as much as I would like. Our mileage hangs around 18 MPG on the 2020 2.0T eTorque using 87 octane on BFG KO2s.

That being said, it seems wind (head/tail/cross) has a huge impact and since I've been paying attention, I've also been paying attention to the weather. The shift behavior changed when we went on our last road trip too where it stayed in 8th more and the mileage improved... until we got back to TX.

If you look at the various threads on mileage you'll see quite a bit of variation there as well. I suspect the variance is a combination of elevation, fuel, road surface, and vehicle "personality" but I don't know which is the dominant factor.

All that being said, 18'ish MPG is good enough for me and I'd do it again.
MPG for me is horrible during winter. With 87 I’m getting like 16 with a 2” lift. I see better millage with premium. I guess warmer climates won’t see this change.

OP
OP
DougJaneway

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
I'm honestly not worried about the mileage all that much as taking full advantage of all of the transmission.
Sponsored