2.0T Only has ONE battery?

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I have a 2021 JLUR with the 2.0 Turbo motor and NO E-Torque. I was looking at getting the Genesis Offroad dual battery setup, but I read in a few comments that my motor only has a single battery and not the dual battery found in the other Jeeps. Is that correct?
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Yes correct only one battery in the 2.0. I have the Genesis kit in my 2.0 and it works fine.
Hold on a second....I have a 2020 2.0 (no e-torque) and your telling me I only have the one battery and not the piece of crap motorcycle battery buried underneath it??? If so, you just made my day.

I remember reading about the "duel" battery setup when researching the JL and all the complaints associated with it. I just always assumed I had it, but to be honest I've never had to mess with the battery and didn't investigate any further.

I just want to be crystal clear.....you are saying the only battery the non e-torque 2.0 engines uses is the normal large vehicle battery setting right there in the engine compartment like any other normal vehicle???

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK That is a tad confusing :giggle:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hold on a second....I have a 2020 2.0 (no e-torque) and your telling me I only have the one battery and not the piece of crap motorcycle battery buried underneath it??? If so, you just made my day.

I remember reading about the "duel" battery setup when researching the JL and all the complaints associated with it. I just always assumed I had it, but to be honest I've never had to mess with the battery and didn't investigate any further.

I just want to be crystal clear.....you are saying the only battery the non e-torque 2.0 engines uses is the normal large vehicle battery setting right there in the engine compartment like any other normal vehicle???
EXACTLY!! When I ordered it I thought I was STUCK with the 2 battery fiasco, then yesterday I learn it may only have 1 battery.... Making the 2.0T a GREAT motor option! The owner of Genesis off road says it has only 1.... He is a smart dude... I was really surprised.

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am inclined to believe sandygar4 is correct if he installed the Genesis kit he would know for sure.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am inclined to believe sandygar4 is correct if he installed the Genesis kit he would know for sure.
Believe whatever you want but This is covered in many MANY posts and a quick search with some reading will give you all the answers. No JL has only one battery. You either have the auxiliary battery or the 48volt etorque battery IN ADDITION to the regular lead acid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe whatever you want but This is covered in many MANY posts and a quick search with some reading will give you all the answers. No JL has only one battery. You either have the auxiliary battery or the 48volt etorque battery IN ADDITION to the regular lead acid.
That is just it, I am not sure. i THOUGHT it did have the little battery but then got conflicting answers.

HERE;

Q: I have a 2019 JLUR with 2.0. Is there a small second battery that I have to remove to install your 2 battery system?
Asked by: The Old Troll - 11/23/2020
A: The 2.0L engine does not have a small aux battery like the 3.6L does. You can skip that part of the installation video.
Was this answer helpful? 1 of 3 Customer(s) found this Answer helpful.
Answer provided by: Mike Heverly (11/23/2020)

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
That is just it, I am not sure. i THOUGHT it did have the little battery but then got conflicting answers.
Stop asking for answers and look in your manual... Might help to go to the source instead of here. Then you can become the guy that answers the questions accurately.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your such a killjoy. J/K.
Hahah I’m sorry I’m just trying to provide factual information for everyone’s benefit!:like:

Many people will assume they only have one battery because the non-etorque auxiliary battery is underneath the power distribution box in an extremely terrible location and it isn’t visible at all when looking in the engine compartment. But I assure you, if you have ESS, you have the second auxiliary battery.
Sponsored