Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
The 3.6 and 2.0 are both fine engines. Both drive very different though. Different driving charateristics. The 2.0s extra torque helps hide the weight of the JL better. It gets it moving easier, acceleration feels like it takes less effort. Very noticeable while getting up to speed, making lane changes or when merging into traffic. Even on streets. Overall I think it's sportier, more fun to drive.
Having driven both, your summation is spot on :like:

-Steven
Sponsored

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
The 3.6 and 2.0 are both fine engines. Both drive very different though. Different driving charateristics. The 2.0s extra torque helps hide the weight of the JL better. It gets it moving easier, acceleration feels like it takes less effort. Very noticeable while getting up to speed, making lane changes or when merging into traffic. Even on streets. Overall I think it's sportier, more fun to drive.
Having driven both, your summation is spot on :like:

-Steven
This was my experience also. I have not driven a Rubicon with the 3.6 eTorque yet, so I’m waiting for 2021 models to arrive so I can evaluate if the torque is comparable to the 2020 Recon.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Lol you pretty much just defined my 2 door V6. I guess the little 2.0T and the old V6 are not that different after all in the JL.
i'm envious of the V6 owners who can get a stick though. Not available for my 4-popper alas. Not to throw shade at my ZF though, it's a fine transmission.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just for grins, If I had a 2.0T I'd probably order the Maserati engine cover for it when it's available.
If you get the one that says “Jeep” it will cost $285.09
if you get the one that says “Maserati” it will cost $7,319.86.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
It will interesting to see what HP/TQ ratings Maserati will pull from this engine?

I believe in the Alpha Stelvio, it's:

280 HP 306 ft/lb TQ

-Steven

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There’s something significantly different on the euro GME series engine platform compared to the American hurricane platform. Go listen to the Alfa Romeo Guilla taking off hard. It’s not your garden variety 2.0eT

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
There’s something significantly different on the euro GME series engine platform compared to the American hurricane platform. Go listen to the Alfa Romeo Guilla taking off hard. It’s not your garden variety 2.0eT
I have a neighbor with a Maserati. It's obvious the Italians spend some time designing/tuning exhaust and intake systems. The sound track is delightful!

Pretty sure Jeep design requirements for exhaust system was up high and quiet.

-Steven

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have a neighbor with a Maserati. It's obvious the Italians spend some time designing/tuning exhaust and intake systems. The sound track is delightful!

Pretty sure Jeep design requirements for exhaust system was up high and quiet.

-Steven

Agreed.

This is what the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth sounds like. Granted, it has a Fiat 1.4T engine not a Japanese motor. But the sound is just amazing.

Leave it to the Italians to make a Mazda Miata sound angry.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Agreed.

This is what the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth sounds like. Granted, it has a Fiat 1.4T engine not a Japanese motor. But the sound is just amazing.

Thanks for the clip Aldo! For Italians, the sound is part of the visceral interaction with the macchina.

We really only see that in America with our V8's...Mustang GT350, Ram TRX, etc.

-Steven

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It's generally accepted in the giulia community that the 2.0 sound leaves a lot to be desired. The 2.9L, on the other hand, is a different animal altogether. Either way the Alfa 2.0 is quite a bit of a different design than Jeep's 2.0. At the very least, the cylinder heads have nothing in common.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Agreed.

This sounds like my italian espresso machine.

Deleted member 53226

It will interesting to see what HP/TQ ratings Maserati will pull from this engine?

I believe in the Alpha Stelvio, it's:

280 HP 306 ft/lb TQ

-Steven
It's amazing really. If I had Maserati money, and I found out my $100,000 + sports car had a 4 cylinder turbo engine with those numbers, and it is basically a Jeep engine, while on my way out the door I would ask the salesman where the nearest Porsche dealer is (and I would also ask if he had any Grey Poupon).
Sponsored