Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0T eTorque is going to be used by Maserati 20200720_190202

Here's the 2.0T in Alfa dressing. This is my sister's 2017 Giulia Ti Sport AWD. I was thoroughly impressed with this engine mated to the 8 speed ZF (flappy paddles are a nice bonus). For an original MSRP of around $50k, I don't think anyone could complain (lack of an MT notwithstanding, have to jump to the QF for that)

That said, even with additional tuning, I don't see this engine being thrill ride level correct for the price you'd pay for a Maserati.

Side note- absolutely love Ti/QF wheels
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0T eTorque is going to be used by Maserati 20200720_200122
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Retired
After two jeeps with the 2.4 / 9 speed combo really love the 2.0 turbo 8 speed . Kind of feels like a small block V8 of old . The tranny is way better than the 9 speed jeep had .

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.6 and 2.0 are both fine engines. Both drive very different though. Different driving charateristics. The 2.0s extra torque helps hide the weight of the JL better. It gets it moving easier, acceleration feels like it takes less effort. Very noticeable while getting up to speed, making lane changes or when merging into traffic. Even on streets. Overall I think it's sportier, more fun to drive.
This is the exact feeling in a 2 door JLR with the 2L Turbo Hurricane minus the weight of a 4 door. Its scary fast on the highway and very composed offroad. Love the no lag in power at low speeds and that hi speed power to pass in the fast lane without hesitation...

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
This is feeling in a 2 door JLR with the 2L Turbo Hurricane minus the weight of a 4 door. Its scary fast on the highway and very composed offroad. Love the no lag in power at low speeds and that hi speed power to pass in the fast lane without hesitation...
I really love the performance of the 2.0L turbo drivetrain.

I would imagine everything I like about it, well dial that up a couple of clicks in a 2 door!

-Steven
Sponsored