Sponsored

2.0T 0-60 in 5.8 seconds

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
My friend's 4 door Rubicon is very quick, even with the Mopar lift and 37's. I'm very impressed with the 2.0, does anyone do chips for the 2.0 ? Like they do for the Ford Ecoboost. If not, the Fords will have more power.
There are a few options for tuning. JB4 and superchips offer a piggyback tune, and superchips offers a PCM flashing option for the 18-20 models. Eurocompulsion is developing a PCM flash as well.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why didn’t they make it an apples to apples comparison and out the 2.3 EcoBoost against the 2.0? Four cylinder vs four cylinder.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Why didn’t they make it an apples to apples comparison and out the 2.3 EcoBoost against the 2.0? Four cylinder vs four cylinder.
They actually compared two highly similar power plants: the Ford 2.3 liter 4-cylinder turbo (300 bhp) versus the Jeep's 2.0T (10% less bhp than the Bronco). The Bronco (4-door Outer Banks) was 444 lb heavier and that slowed the 0-60 to 6.5 seconds for the Ford.

I know that there are some hard-core off-road members who think that this is next to unimportant, but I've always looked at a powerful engine as the core of my vehicles. When I was fourteen I had a Bonanza mini-bike with a 100cc Hodaka engine (paper route earnings) - so I started my love affair with power at a young age.

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Okay. There wasn’t a link to the article. And with the 2.7 EB references here, I thought the article was compared the turbo four to the turbo V6.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Okay. There wasn’t a link to the article. And with the 2.7 EB references here, I thought the article was compared the turbo four to the turbo V6.
I still live in the last century and get a print version. I don't think that it's posted on C&D's website yet.

Sponsored

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I traded my Sahara Altitude for a 392 because of the power, nothing else. I'm old, and love the V8's in almost any vehicle. I also have a '99 Eldorado that has 325hp which makes it very quick!

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I think all you 0-60 in Wranglers in 6 secs or under better get new clocks or fix your speedos!! Maybe instead rent a GC Trackhawk for a day and get it outa your systems!

Go Jeep!!!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Oh stop it guys. You all know you would trade your stock 3.6 or 2.0, for a nice 392 if the
price was right.
it reminds me of the Butt Ugly guys who say they prefer fat ugly girls, because they treat them better.
Be honest. Be a man. Admit you would really enjoy having more power in your jeep, a nice looking jeep, a sexy wife/girlfriend next to you.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh stop it guys. You all know you would trade your stock 3.6 or 2.0, for a nice 392 if the
rice was right.
it reminds me of the Butt Ugly guys who say they prefer fat ugly girls, because they treat them better.
Be honest. Be a man. Admit you would really enjoy having more power in your jeep, a nice looking jeep, a sexy wife/girlfriend next to you.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0T  0-60 in 5.8 seconds takemenow

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I love when people say 0-60 doesn't matter, such a strange coping mechanism. If their vehicle can be twice as fast 0-60 and do all the same stuff offroad, are they really telling me they wouldn't want it? You can't be an enthusiast without caring about power. And like it or not, 0-60 is a standard for power.
The one exception I have would be for convenience: I’ll trade 0-60 seconds for the convenience of range and fill up time of my 3.0 on road trip. It’s just not worth the nightmare of having 2 kids run around a rest stop fighting the whole time in a pandemic because my vehicle can’t make the up hill climb from Phoenix to flagstaff in traffic during the 115 heat of summer without stopping to charge. And we do that almost every weekend in the summer.

That convenience is why mini vans exist.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In the final results chart the Bronco dramatically outscored (10 points vs 1) the Wrangler on "Features/Amenities". Any idea what those differentiating features are?

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
We've got a 2-Door so maybe things are different in the Unlimiteds, but I am so tired of hearing people complain about driving the Wrangler on the highway, how exhausting it is, how you have to constantly do steering corrections. Ours is a 2019 and I regularly drive it on the highway, and it tracks fine, and is certainly no more exhausting than any other vehicle and not nearly as "exhausting" as the pickup trucks I used to own. Those reviewers at Car & Driver must be absolute wimps.

Best,
-Tim

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
At least there's this site so you can compare. Then you'll realize that we now have off road vehicles that put the 90's supercars to shame. Honestly, we are living in the golden age for ICE when it comes to power an acceleration. Something the muscle car era could only dream of. My Jeep is faster than my old Fiat Abarth, my Alltrack and certainly, my Eurovan. Only thing in the garage that is faster is my wifes X3 M40i. That thing is too fast for what it needs to do.

I do suggest if you can ever do it, drive a Tesla Model S with the Plaid Mode. It is way too fast. Best thing is that just recently, a new one ran just under 9 seconds in a quarter mile. Super way too fast for a street car.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Doesn’t the Tesla plaid have to sit and warm the batteries for awhile before you can access the performance? That would make it a party trick and of no use day to day.
Sponsored