Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Not sure if posted before, but just saw this in my Jeep app:

1670283798376.png

Assuming (hoping) this is the TSB that was already fixed for me (after overheating of course).
Glad this popped up in my Jeep app. Turns out mine has been leaking for a while and it definitely motivated me to check.

A9CE005E-F37E-490A-A8C8-FAC650A49CBC.jpeg
Sponsored

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Got the ZD8 campaign done this morning. Scheduled it on Monday. Went in today. Took less than an hour. Didn't have any leaks but wanted to take preventative action before any long road trips.

JWJLUBWS

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I’d advise everyone to keep an eye on this. Just picked up my 2023 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s Unlimited 2.0L and had a leak at the water pump due to the loosening of the bolts in under 1,000 miles. I keep a close eye on underside of my car and noticed a little bit of coolant was dripping ever so slowly right by the bottom coolant line that connects to the water pump. Just picked it back up and the dealership told me they’ve seen the leak at almost any mileage.

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software
I’d advise everyone to keep an eye on this. Just picked up my 2023 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s Unlimited 2.0L and had a leak at the water pump due to the loosening of the bolts in under 1,000 miles. I keep a close eye on underside of my car and noticed a little bit of coolant was dripping ever so slowly right by the bottom coolant line that connects to the water pump. Just picked it back up and the dealership told me they’ve seen the leak at almost any mileage.
Wow!! I would assume they would perform this TSB either from factory or at the time of PDI. Now I have to keep a close on mine as well.. only 100 miles on it but you never know :facepalm:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I think this thread from a year ago needs to be the definitive ZD8 thread.

We had the recall done two weeks ago(Peterson's and @12psi get all the credit in the world for truly taking care of us), and just yesterday I got the notice in the mail lol.

We were at just over 27,000 mi.

Sponsored

CatManDude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
This issue took me by surprise a couple weeks ago. My 9 month old 2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L had just 9,500 miles on it when the coolant started freely flowing out of it. Not a slow leak either. It looked like a urinating elephant. I managed to get it over to the dealer, stopping every mile or so to let the engine cool down. It took them 3 days to "work it in". Fortunately they gave me a loaner.

While I was waiting to get my Wrangler back, I came across this article.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/world/soyuz-spacecraft-leak-iss-scn/index.html

I got to the dealership just as the Soyuz was pulling in behind me. I got the last loaner. Boy were those Russians mad...

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My friend brought his in, it was the water pump bolts...they added sealant and torqued them down per the TSB. He had run it pretty low and pretty hot, I hope there is no long term damage.

CatManDude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My friend brought his in, it was the water pump bolts...they added sealant and torqued them down per the TSB. He had run it pretty low and pretty hot, I hope there is no long term damage.
I had the same concern about long term damage due to overheating. A few times on my way to the dealer it ran pretty hot until I could get to a good spot to pull over. I spoke to one of the mechanics at the dealership (an actual mechanic, not a service desk rep). He told me that there shouldn't be any long term concerns. He said that the engine would have shut itself off completely before it would allow the kinds of temps that would do any long term damage. Not sure if I totally believe that, but it kind of makes sense. With all the technology in cars these days, it does seem logical that there would be safeguards to protect against things like severe overheating. Fingers crossed.

I will say that at 9,500 miles, my Wrangler now holds the prize for the fewest miles I've had on a new vehicle before experiencing a major problem. :mad:

Reactions: J0E

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
I think this thread from a year ago needs to be the definitive ZD8 thread.

We had the recall done two weeks ago(Peterson's and @12psi get all the credit in the world for truly taking care of us), and just yesterday I got the notice in the mail lol.

We were at just over 27,000 mi.
Ha! I had mine done Monday and when I got home my wife said, "Something about the Jeep came in the mail today." ---> Hands me the recall notice.

Granted, I was able to look it up on the app prior. Just ironically coincidental.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I had the same concern about long term damage due to overheating. A few times on my way to the dealer it ran pretty hot until I could get to a good spot to pull over. I spoke to one of the mechanics at the dealership (an actual mechanic, not a service desk rep). He told me that there shouldn't be any long term concerns. He said that the engine would have shut itself off completely before it would allow the kinds of temps that would do any long term damage. Not sure if I totally believe that, but it kind of makes sense. With all the technology in cars these days, it does seem logical that there would be safeguards to protect against things like severe overheating. Fingers crossed.

I will say that at 9,500 miles, my Wrangler now holds the prize for the fewest miles I've had on a new vehicle before experiencing a major problem. :mad:
I have never seen a vehicle shut itself off when overheating...but I have run one so hot that it wouldn't run (Trans Am). The problem is when it runs dry, the temp sensor doesn't necessarily give accurate readings.

Sponsored

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
It is just crazy that they know this issue is ongoing yet they still do not take care of it when building the jeep on the assembly line. Such an easy fix yet they let them go out the door with the issue unresolved. Mind boggling. Mine sits in the garage in another state waiting to be towed to the dealership in a few weeks to more than likely fix this very issue - 2023 with 1600 miles on it.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

2021 at just under 30K miles. Took it to the dealership this week, they just called today to let me know that my reservoir was also split, so they're ordering a new one, likely won't arrive till next week.

In the meantime, they gave me a 2018 Renegade as a loaner, lol. Like driving a go-kart around town.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
2021 at just under 30K miles. Took it to the dealership this week, they just called today to let me know that my reservoir was also split, so they're ordering a new one, likely won't arrive till next week.

In the meantime, they gave me a 2018 Renegade as a loaner, lol. Like driving a go-kart around town.
At least you have a loaner! Many cannot get one.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

At least you have a loaner! Many cannot get one.
It took me 4 days and I had to literally just show up and talk with the service manager, and even then, I basically lucked into it (another customer returned one while we were talking).

CatManDude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took me 4 days and I had to literally just show up and talk with the service manager, and even then, I basically lucked into it (another customer returned one while we were talking).
I had to press them to give me a loaner. I told them that having to bring in a brand new vehicle with 9,500 miles on it with a major issue like this was inexcusable and unacceptable. I told them that I was heading to Boston that weekend and that they had better set me up with a loaner for the trip. They set me up with a low mileage Cherokee Trailhawk which served me well for the trip.
Sponsored