First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
Corporate Security Risk Analyst
Just had this happen to my 21 JLU Sport with 11.4k miles. Massive Sweet smell when I started it up and temps hit 280 with a message on the dash. Pulled over and had a nice big puddle of coolant. Was 130 miles away from home and So far not impressed with the response from the service department where its at. Stated can't even look at it until next week and then only gave a rental car for a day until they determine cause(warranty or not).
Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S JLU, 2020 JL, 1948 Willys Pickup
Is your fixed yet?

I told them I was very concerned about driving it back with a new motor in 110 deg weather when the first 300 miles is in desolate dessert between Las Vagus Nevada and Bakersfield California. I told them it was a safety concern.
The Dealer in Henderson has been great and got it fixed pretty quick considering it was a motor change-out.
Saturday June 18th at noon was when it was decided it need new motor.
Friday July 8th it was complete.

From July 11th until July 18-20th waiting for FCA to approve shipping and from the 20th until current for the shipping company to ship it.

Still no actual pick up and drop off date yet.
Also my local dealer, the one I bought it from Clovis Chrysler Jeep (same owner for Fresno) refused to receive my Jeep. total ass hatery. So Lampe Dodge Jeep in Visalia agreed to help me out and receive it when it ships. Guess who's getting all my business for now on.

Gravy
Not fixed yet. FCA/Jeep Cares/Dealer have been really quiet.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
The shipping company just got back to me. If all goes well, I'll have Willy Goat mid next week.

Fingers crossed

Gravy

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Anyone found a locally available, non MOPAR brand OAT antifreeze that meets the Mopar spec?

I checked and my level is down at 8K miles, which is concerning in and of itself, I want to fill it up tomorrow but no Jeep dealerships open on Sunday and I can't find the MOPAR stuff on the auto stores websites.

I remember being ridiculed for bitching about the coolant reservoir being black. Had it been translucent like it should be I could have caught this earlier when checking the oil.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I remember being ridiculed for bitching about the coolant reservoir being black. Had it been translucent like it should be I could have caught this earlier when checking the oil.
The black polymer is more resistant to heat, with respect to the reservoir tank's proximity to the turbocharger. That's why the separate intercooler reservoir is translucent; its position at the front of the vehicle allows it.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The black polymer is more resistant to heat, with respect to the reservoir tank's proximity to the turbocharger. That's why the separate intercooler reservoir is translucent; its position at the front of the vehicle allows it.
Yeah, I found that out. I'm just pissy because I don't want to deal with dealers if it is losing coolant @ 8K. Even new, it was just above the Min line from the factory. I forgot to tell them at my first JW oil change to top it off.

I park in a clean garage with no sign of leakage and I don't see anything underneath.

I guess I'll just have to add checking it weekly when I check my oil.

I'm just confused at all the different OAT coolants all different colors. Mine is either pink, light red or purple, I can't really tell.

Not sure what MOPAR OEM is suppose to be.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the OEM coolant that I purchased. The fluid is dark orange, matching the vehicle's factory fill.
My factory fill

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Water Leak 20220731_121333

I'd call that pink or maybe red before dilution. I dunno. They give a spec of MS.90032.

They call for the same for the Intercooler and it looks the same pink through the translucent bootle.

My next question is why that top requires a special tool to open.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
They give a spec of MS.90032.
There are two relevant specifications:

MS 90032 is the concentrate.
MS 12106, which is what I link to, is the 50/50 prediluted coolant.

Possibly the former is pink. The latter, which I purchased, is dark orange.

The manual for my 2021 2.0T states that coolant with the OAT specification is required. HOAT and other four-letter formulas/derivatives are to be avoided.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are two relevant specifications:

MS 90032 is the concentrate.
MS 12106, which is what I link to, is the 50/50 prediluted coolant.

Possibly the former is pink. The latter, which I purchased, is dark orange.

The manual for my 2021 2.0T states that coolant with the OAT specification is required. HOAT and other four-letter formulas/derivatives are to be avoided.
Yes, I just read about the MS12106.

I'm going to call my servicing dealer tomorrow to see if they will top it off for me without an appointment. If not I'll buy a jug, from them if they aren't ignorant on price or from Amazon.

Thanks for your input.

Sponsored

VetRiderJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Hi all. First post here and its sad its this one. I have a 21 JLU Sport S with the 2.0l. Been to the dealer twice now for coolant leak. First time was waterfall leak coming from a clamp that popped off of a radiator hose. Dealer replaced the clamp and we were good. Then just a few days ago I started smelling coolant again. Not leaking yet, but Im sure its coming. So here we go again... Sucks. Its fun to rip on this little 2.0T but the cooling system seems so weak it cant handle a little RPM before it comes apart and starts leaking.

Darrell82

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, Tundra, Highlander
Does anyone know if this is still an issue with newer 2.0 vehicles? Or was this something that affected mostly 2019 model year?

Also, is this something that occurs over time, or do they come improperly torqued from the factory?
Just had new engine replacement in my 2022 Rubicon Unlimited due to overheating.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to close out my posts in this thread, I found a suitable antifreeze that meets the specs/requirements set forth by Jeep.

Filled it up from 1/2" below mimimum to full and.... it took like a cup or so. Pretty disappointing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Water Leak 20220731_222027

SoCalRider9

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Freedom '23
Mind blowing to me that people decide to buy the 2.0L with all the info out there now..
Sponsored