2.0L Turbo, No Muffler/No Cat

WhoDatNola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JL
For anyone that cares to know what a 2.0L Turbo sounds like with no muffler nor cat. Was bored so yanked it all off this afternoon.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Thanks, really want some turbo whistle but the downpipe for sale by afe doesnt have any videos. Not gonna go full straight pipe, but a cat delete with aftermarket muffler might be the perfect setup. Maybe I'll try it one day.

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, really want some turbo whistle but the downpipe for sale by afe doesnt have any videos. Not gonna go full straight pipe, but a cat delete with aftermarket muffler might be the perfect setup. Maybe I'll try it one day.
That was my exact set up on my 335i and man did it sound good. I sold it for my JL (Still waiting on delivery). Hoping to hear someone with this set up soon, might lean that way in the future again.

jlrusoin

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
For anyone that cares to know what a 2.0L Turbo sounds like with no muffler nor cat. Was bored so yanked it all off this afternoon.

Is the motor running well without the cat? Do you have any error codes or lights? Do you feel any performance improvement or mileage increase? Thanks

OP
OP

WhoDatNola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JL
Is the motor running well without the cat? Do you have any error codes or lights? Do you feel any performance improvement or mileage increase? Thanks
No issues, no codes. It surely sounds better than it did and yes, it is loud. The neighbors do not seem to approve when it is first started and idling. Performance wise I can not say as I have no numbers, the sound alone leads to it feeling "faster/better" and currently my gas mileage has shown no change.

Tomorrow I will be installing the Pypes Cat Back system which is why I gave removing everything a go.

Sponsored

jlrusoin

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
No issues, no codes. It surely sounds better than it did and yes, it is loud. The neighbors do not seem to approve when it is first started and idling. Performance wise I can not say as I have no numbers, the sound alone leads to it feeling "faster/better" and currently my gas mileage has shown no change.

Tomorrow I will be installing the Pypes Cat Back system which is why I gave removing everything a go.
Great to hear. Thanks.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Any chance I could get you to share a clip? Looks like it isn't pulling up via the google URL.
Sponsored