2.0L Turbo Engine Ordering NOW Open, $1000 MSRP Upcharge

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
The Italian 2.0 is probably awesome! I like turbo motors in general. BUT, for yet another $1,000 and giving up what was a bullet proof 3.6 in my JK for every mile of 140k miles is a no go. I am opting just to keep the old Pentastar.
Sponsored

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
The Italian 2.0 is probably awesome! I like turbo motors in general. BUT, for yet another $1,000 and giving up what was a bullet proof 3.6 in my JK for every mile of 140k miles is a no go. I am opting just to keep the old Pentastar.
I feel the exact same way...I would want one of these Italian engines as I know for a fact that Trenton is having trouble with their builds. I really like the numbers from the I4 BUT they have been making that Pentastar for a long time and it is a good engine and coupled with the 8 speed it should be awesome?. Only thing I don't understand is why they have never upped the numbers on the 3.6 since they started putting it in the Jeep?

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
I have only bought one car in my life and that was 12 years ago that was on the lot, and I was young and naive. I am not as young but still fairly naive with buying a car. Could someone explain to me what the process would be to place an order for a 2.0 liter or give me a few suggestions? I have been talking to a local dealer. But they seem to have no clue about the 2.0 and keep telling me they have two on the lot and to stop by for a test drive. They just want to move their old inventory and I don't think would be very helpful in trying to order what I want.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I have only bought one car in my life and that was 12 years ago that was on the lot, and I was young and naive. I am not as young but still fairly naive with buying a car. Could someone explain to me what the process would be to place an order for a 2.0 liter or give me a few suggestions? I have been talking to a local dealer. But they seem to have no clue about the 2.0 and keep telling me they have two on the lot and to stop by for a test drive. They just want to move their old inventory and I don't think would be very helpful in trying to order what I want.
The first thing I would do is stop talking to this dealer and find a different one.

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
So what's the update after all? I went to my dealer to see if they new anything about the 2.0 and they said it wouldn't be available till year end, I'm not sure about placing my order now.. Have any of you guys placed an order with the 2.0 turbo?

Sponsored

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
So what's the update after all? I went to my dealer to see if they new anything about the 2.0 and they said it wouldn't be available till year end, I'm not sure about placing my order now.. Have any of you guys placed an order with the 2.0 turbo?
Placed an order for a 2 door Rubicon with the Turbo on 2/8. Have a VIN number assigned.

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
Placed an order for a 2 door Rubicon with the Turbo on 2/8. Have a VIN number assigned.
Nice! I'm going to check out two dealers today, hopefully they'll have it available and I can finally place my order! Are you getting a JL?

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
Nice! I'm going to check out two dealers today, hopefully they'll have it available and I can finally place my order! Are you getting a JL?
Good luck, yes, a JL.

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
You know what, that was a rhetorical
question lol you did just say you placed an order for one haha, thanks. Enjoy yours when it arrives! What's that estimated time arrival for yours?
Good luck, yes, a JL.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
They placed my order today and have my VON: 2d Rubi turbo loaded... 6-8 weeks...
$2k down but got 7 year/100k warranty thrown in (very little off MSRP...)

Sponsored

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
They placed my order today and have my VON: 2d Rubi turbo loaded... 6-8 weeks...
$2k down but got 7 year/100k warranty thrown in (very little off MSRP...)
My dealer is telling me right now the 2.0 option if ordered will be no less than 12 weeks minimum!!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Please please please tell me that the diesel is only a $1k upcharge as well!!!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Please please please tell me that the diesel is only a $1k upcharge as well!!!
All of the chatter is more along the lines of 3500-4000..... I’m not sure there is an actual number yet, but I’m sure it will be considerably more then $1000

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
All of the chatter is more along the lines of 3500-4000..... I’m not sure there is an actual number yet, but I’m sure it will be considerably more then $1000
I know. That's why I've resorted to groveling...

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
About half of the posts I’ve seen with that number say that it will include the auto trans, which means it’d be only $1k more than the turbo. Not sure I buy that, but it leaves room for hope which we all like.
Sponsored