Sponsored

2.0L Turbo Engine Ordering NOW Open, $1000 MSRP Upcharge

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sorry Matthew, I am not sure if I would lose my job especially since we have the corporate girls on here with us. They are in boxes anyway and we are not allowed to open. Kind of have mixed emptions since I ordered a new Rubicon last Wednesday and now you can get this engine....still don't have a VIN yet but I do have a VON..wonder if I/should change?
I don't know. Driving offroad with a turbo at low speed/high torque just sounds like a bad idea.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
swyman totally understand! More joking and figured if you could have you would have posted already.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I don't know. Driving offroad with a turbo at low speed/high torque just sounds like a bad idea.
Yeah, not sure being out in the boonies with an engine that includes some hybrid technology + a turbo sounds like a good idea...lol
N/A V6 that’s been used for years sounds like a safer plan IMO

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nothing new, just some reading materials released announcing ordering now open...

JL_Wrangler_2.0_sheet.jpg

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Are you still able to order the power top? Now my dealer is having difficulty pushing the order through.
Yeah, it was there twice yesterday and then again this morning. Now, not showing up. We will keep an eye on it.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Yeah, it was there twice yesterday and then again this morning. Now, not showing up. We will keep an eye on it.
Trying to order today and looks like the remote start option is not available. Anyone know why? Later add on?

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
It’s there.
Maybe I'm confused. Remote keyless they say is there, but the remote start that I thought was seperate they are saying is grayed out and not selectable. ?

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Yeah, not sure being out in the boonies with an engine that includes some hybrid technology + a turbo sounds like a good idea...lol
N/A V6 that’s been used for years sounds like a safer plan IMO
BSG has been around for 10 years and oem turbo engines for over 50. Just because the tech is new to the forum doesn’t mean it’s new to the auto industry. These are mass produced Jeep engines after all, not hand built Cosworth race engines whose lives are measured in hours. How long does it take you to change out a blown head gasket on the V6 when you’re out on the trail?

Needless to say, it looks as if I may be forced to go with the 2.0T just to get the power top now...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
BSG has been around for 10 years and oem turbo engines for over 50. Just because the tech is new to the forum doesn’t mean it’s new to the auto industry. These are mass produced Jeep engines after all, not hand built Cosworth race engines whose lives are measured in hours. How long does it take you to change out a blown head gasket on the V6 when you’re out on the trail?

Needless To say, it looks as if I may be going with the 2.0T just to get the power top now...
I think his point was more about heat dissipation when slowly traversing trails in the boonies. My bet is I could change a head gasket in about an hour.;)

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
I hadn't really given the turbo much thought, but I'm starting to wonder if it may be worth taking a shot on it. I've got to think that there will be some nice aftermarket tuning options to really bump the HP and TQ up fairly cheap.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
More fuel efficient? Like how much more? I’d like to see the numbers on it.

etlindy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Fun
In discussion with local dealer on ordering a JL Rubicon to spec. He told me the following regarding the 2.0T...took this from his email.

"As of today, they're showing up in the system, but on restriction & not yet available to order. We had Wrangler training on Friday & were told that the turbo won't be available until the fall... So I'll find out for sure.. Even if we order it, I'm not sure if & when it'll arrive"
Sponsored