2.0L Turbo Engine Ordering NOW Open, $1000 MSRP Upcharge

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
Yeah, good luck saving money when you’ll have to fill up with premium while the V6 needs only to be fed with 87... Between the premium and the $3,000 premium you have to pay to get the 2.0 (considering you can’t get a manual with it), please send us an update as soon as you’ve ACTUALLY saved money lol

I’m not saying the 2.0 engine is bad, nor am I gonna diss anyone going for it, really.
But the MPG argument is the worst, most unvalid one !

Invalid.

And who cares. The 8 spd auto is the main reason the JL Powertrain is even better than the JK. Those opting for the manual are nostagists at best.

The 2.0 makes it even better.
Sponsored

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium in an SRT is a given, and you DO get increased performance...
Not sure the difference will be noticeable PERFORMANCEWISE between a 3.6 with a full tank of 87, and a 2.0 with a full tank of premium...
Different types of engines for different crowd...
But I personnaly believe true American icons should have a NA engine and nothing else.
So you’re against the diesel?

The 2.0 will outperform the 3.6 in every way.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Invalid.

And who cares. The 8 spd auto is the main reason the JL Powertrain is even better than the JK. Those opting for the manual are nostagists at best.

Wow, « invalid », that’s an awesome argumentation !
Those opting for the manual are nostalgists at best ?! Hahaha, you’re a joke man, seriously

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, « invalid », that’s an awesome argumentation !
Those opting for the manual are nostalgists at best ?! Hahaha, you’re a joke man, seriously
Less than 3% of new vehicles are sold with manuals. They get less mpg, they’re slower.

If you enjoy rowing the shifter that’s fine. But the 8 spd will hold a gear through redline just as a manual would.

Don’t get mad because I called your baby ugly. And by the way, I’m not arguing. I’m winning.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Less than 3% of new vehicles are sold with manuals. They get less mpg, they’re slower.

If you enjoy rowing the shifter that’s fine. But the 8 spd will hold a gear through redline just as a manual would.

Don’t get mad because I called your baby ugly. And by the way, I’m not arguing. I’m winning.
That’s a shitty stat nowadays since a very few vehicles are still offered with a manual...
So as someone would say « Invalid »

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Where did you test drive a turbo?
Let me rephrase I test drove the Alpha Romeo and did not like it . It proberly will be great just don’t want to be a tester . If you do. A lot of highway driving you may want to get it . Also turbos are known for matience don’t want to deal . The suv Alpha turbos kicks in at 20 mikes hour also it drives to smooth like a sports car not my thing I am old school I need to feel it has balls

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oil chance is the same as the 3.6.

The spark plugs are done every 48k.
Don’t trust new engine also did not like how it felt like a sports car I am sure it will be quick if you do highway driving I am a v6 guy

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t trust new engine also did not like how it felt like a sports car I am sure it will be quick if you do highway driving I am a v6 guy
Also don’t want to deal if I have to rebuild engine down the road

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well...no way a Jeep will ever drive like a sports car...the Turbo will be quicker in a straight line ,without a doubt, than the V6...but really that is the only advantage it will hold. I like Turbos in cars...in a jeep I will get the V6. I don't want my $50,000 utility vehicle to sound like a Honda Civic...and that is exactly what it will sound like...unless they pipe in fake sound throught the speakers to cover it up!
It was there suv

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Spark plugs every 48k...could be OK if you do your own spark plugs or if the dealer gives the common courtesy of a reach around. As you can see in the link, Alfa dealers prefer no reach around if you are not the handy type. The contrast with the 3.6:

F536F56A-B79A-4949-9859-28390CC8C016.png

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spark plugs every 48k...could be OK if you do your own spark plugs or if the dealer gives the common courtesy of a reach around. As you can see in the link, Alfa dealers prefer no reach around if you are not the handy type. The contrast with the 3.6:

F536F56A-B79A-4949-9859-28390CC8C016.png
Don’t want to be the Ginny pig I will stick with V6 going safe rout . We will see

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Invalid.

Those slamming the new and improved 6 speed are delusional at best. That new 8spd trans and 2.0t engine aren't gonna be cheap to fix, and I imagine they'll fail more than the simpler tech.

Like French said, $3,000 is not a trivial savings on a VERY likely more reliable combination. And last time I checked, the only way you're getting a 25mpg highway rating in the JL is with the m a n u a l V6

By the way, an automatic will never predict road conditions better than a seasoned manual driver. I've never met an automatic that will randomly kick down two gears at cruising speed in anticipation of imminent acceleration. Or one that engine brakes properly in the absence of a tow mode. What I have met is automatics randomly refuses to get out of Park because of some electronic gremlin.

You should call up Charlie Sheen and tell him about all that "winning" you're doing.
Sponsored