Sponsored

2.0L Turbo Dealer Allocations/Orders May Be Coming Soon!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
The 3.6 Pentastar also makes 305 HP in the RAM 1500. Odd why they dropped it to 285 in the JL
I know I continued this discussion, and I think it is worth continuing further, but in retrospect given the title of this thread we'd probably be better served taking it to the 3.6 Pentastar sub-forum.
Sponsored

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
Thank you sir. Do you have any idea what that means from both a customer order leadtime or a dealer stock leadtime?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Thank you sir. Do you have any idea what that means from both a customer order leadtime or a dealer stock leadtime?
No clue. I was assuming that it would open up this month on Thursday. They preload some of this. I'm going to say that things are normal with what has been going on. February allocation for April production in this case.

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
any visibility yet on the mpg of the 2.0?

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I knew as soon as my order went to point of no return that this would become available. I'm sure Sting-Gray will be right behind. Mine is about to ship so no way I cancel and start over now. If it were a cheaper option I'd think about it.

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again thank you very much for the up to the minute update. Any update on Sting Grey now?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just opened up. additional $1000 on top of the $2000 automatic transmission upcharge.
Wow, Jeep really loves that motor. Makes the 6 spd V-6 an even easier choice. Thanks for the update JLWF-DG!

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, Jeep really loves that motor. Makes the 6 spd V-6 an even easier choice. Thanks for the update JLWF-DG!
$890 invoice hardly seems like much of an upcharge for an optional motor. You wanna see insanity, wait until people are shelling out 4000-4500 extra for the Diesel .

PS...the main thing that makes the JL so appealing is the 8 spd auto. Its a really well done power train with it.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
So $1000 for a motor which is far more complicated, slightly better MPG, higher maintenance costs, and a 48 bolt battery that could require replacing. Add that to unknown long-term reliability and I am happy with my V6 decision.

I am intrigued with the 2.0 but not enough to risk it in a $50k JLUR.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
So $1000 for a motor which is far more complicated, slightly better MPG, higher maintenance costs, and a 48 bolt battery that could require replacing. Add that to unknown long-term reliability and I am happy with my V6 decision.

I am intrigued with the 2.0 but not enough to risk it in a $50k JLUR.
Additionally, as of now the power top is only orderable with the 2.0 so a loaded up JL with the power to, you are looking at $58k plus

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Additionally, as of now the power top is only orderable with the 2.0 so a loaded up JL with the power to, you are looking at $58k plus
Wow! That is crazy! From what I have seen the power top is not fully removal, that is a deal breaker to me.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Jeep is being smart by pricing the 2.0 and SKY roof high to start. In the near-term they make great margins on these options and can always lower the pricing if they want to drive more volume in the future. Their marketing team is maximizing the business model, helping to recover their R&D investment. Just good business.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$890 invoice hardly seems like much of an upcharge for an optional motor. You wanna see insanity, wait until people are shelling out 4000-4500 extra for the Diesel .

PS...the main thing that makes the JL so appealing is the 8 spd auto. Its a really well done power train with it.
IMO easier to go by MSRP as it keeps a single reference that is easily accessible by everyone, but whatever. You see $1K/$890 I see $3K as I don't want an auto. To me $3K is a big add-on but everyone has different depth of pockets and different willingness as to how and where they spend discretionary income. $3K buys a lot of other stuff, for me.

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO easier to go by MSRP as it keeps a single reference that is easily accessible by everyone, but whatever. You see $1K/$890 I see $3K as I don't want an auto. To me $3K is a big add-on but everyone has different depth of pockets and different willingness as to how and where they spend discretionary income. $3K buys a lot of other stuff, for me.
It might be a 3k option to you. But for the 8 or 9 out of 10 people who will be ordering the automatic its a 1k upgrade.

I get that some people prefer the manual. But its not really what makes this new JL all that it is. It also will crush the resale value of the Jeep when you go to sell it. I'm not trying to be offensive, but I really cant fathom the logic of not getting the automatic. If you look at every review and build thread going on they almost all praise the 8 spd and prefer it over the manual.

Improvements in manual transmission technology are few and far between at this point. But if it makes you happy, hey man, that's what half of driving a Jeep is all about. So rock that 6 spd man.
Sponsored