Sponsored

2.0L Turbo Dealer Allocations/Orders May Be Coming Soon!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It people like you who ruin intelligent discussion. Do you know ANY dealer that goes by KBB? Is that how you value a car?

ANY dealer will tell you its the Internet MMR on Manheims site. You see, I have 6 friends who own lots and dealerships. I know for a fact that no dealer uses KBB for anything. Its a consumer feel good website kinda like Credit Karma. Its also one of the main reasons people get offended when they cant get what KBB said they should for their car.
Did i hurt your feelings?

First of all i don't believe you have 6 friends.

Secondly this isn't an intelligent discussion.

Thirdly it doesn't really matter if the values are correct. What matters is if they reflect the value of manual and automatic compared to each other. Are you saying your logic has more credibility than Kelley Blue Book because of your alleged 6 friends?

It's an objective data point that doesn't reflect Crushed Resale from manual transmissions. If there is a better data point then use it. Like i said i am genuinely interested in the answer.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
So I'm the only person in this thread that has provided numbers to back up what I'm saying yet get accused of not providing numbers. Good one Karl. Please tell me how many vehicles sold are with manual transmissions.

If you don't believe that a manual transmission is worth significantly less than an auto at trade in, then you have cognitive dissonance. The only case this might be the opposite is in a Miata or some other roadster or sports car.
Whaaaaat? I didn't make any wild-assed claims about resale value, *at all*, let alone do so with absolutely NO FACTS to back up said wild-assed claims. All I said was that I didn't want an auto and therefore in my view the cost of the 2.0t over the cost of what *I* wanted to buy represented a net increase of $3K ($2k for trans + $1K for motor). YOU, sir, are the one that broached the subject of resale value. Why is it now on ME to come up with facts and figures about something I never even discussed? Dude, you brought up something that's clearly important to YOU. In most normal, rational discussions when someone wishes to make and prove their point it's normally expected that they do so with, ummmm, what are those things called . . . oh yeah, facts! Me, I just want my stick shift because I like stick shifts. I'm so sorry this has somehow made you feel insecure about your auto and caused you to resort to wild hyperbole to defend your decision. Honestly I never felt it needed defending - there's a zillion different reasons why buying an auto is the best choice for each buyer. I know lots of people with automatics. They are, for the most part, nice and upstanding people. Heck, I own an automatic, too - my car didn't offer any options but that one single transmission; whether or not I'm a nice and upstanding person is, of course, up for debate. There's a lid for every pot, man, so enjoy yours.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
It people like you who ruin intelligent discussion. Do you know ANY dealer that goes by KBB? Is that how you value a car?

ANY dealer will tell you its the Internet MMR on Manheims site. You see, I have 6 friends who own lots and dealerships. I know for a fact that no dealer uses KBB for anything. Its a consumer feel good website kinda like Credit Karma. Its also one of the main reasons people get offended when they cant get what KBB said they should for their car.

@JLWF Dealer Guy please weigh in on this.
KBB = Credit Karma. Funny because the KBB people always state their Credit Karma score, which, is usually inflated by 60-100 points BTW. KBB people always think their trade is excellent condition as well, which is showroom fresh. It's not. Dealers take in consideration many sources to come up with a value including local market value and auction reports. We have to recondition, or certify and try to sell. Yes, a manual is going to be worth less but it all depends on the vehicle. how much? I dunno, a grand in my eyes.

But, this is the 2.0 thread. I'll say that I think the engine and transmission and BSG is fantastic in the Alfa vehicles I have drove that have the same set up. Peppy and the BSG is seamless. No lag, I can say it's going to be popular.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
At long last, turbo 2-door order, pending (sting-gray), today at local friendly neighborhood jeep dealer - can hold out until end of March before considering another color... thanks everyone for forum input!

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
So I guess this became the "Resale value of manual transmissions" thread.

Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I think the real story behind this manual bash is.... do you even know how to drive stick? haha

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
Today's generation of soy boys and automatics lol. smh
Not sure what a soy boy is, but I learned to drive on a 84 totyota pickup 5spd( SR5 longbed with a 22RE engine.) first year they had EFI. Also had a 1989 RX7 5spd. 2010 Mazdspeed 3

No doubt a stick is fun to drive but a modern automatic is superior in every other way.
Sponsored