Sponsored

2.0L Recall Notice (not due to engine)

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Thanks for that. Ours was eventually fixed after we took it in twice because of a strong gas smell. They found a cracked fuel line on the second visit and replaced it, although it had to sit at the dealer for 5 days while waiting for the part to arrive. Obviously, this is a common problem with the 2.0 versions that were built between 1/24 to 03/18/20 but at least ours is fixed.

I'm not sure if they've modified the part since the recall so it will not happen again or if we will still have to take it in if/when we receive the notice on October 15, as it says in the recall report.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
From the article, it looks like a manufacturing defect in a certain batch. If it was replaced after March 18th, 2020, (when that batch was depleted), I would think you should be OK.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Thanks for that. Ours was eventually fixed after we took it in twice because of a strong gas smell. They found a cracked fuel line on the second visit and replaced it, although it had to sit at the dealer for 5 days while waiting for the part to arrive. Obviously, this is a common problem with the 2.0 versions that were built between 1/24 to 03/18/20 but at least ours is fixed.

I'm not sure if they've modified the part since the recall so it will not happen again or if we will still have to take it in if/when we receive the notice on October 15, as it says in the recall report.
If the dealer did not use the new recall part number for the recent repair, then you will need to have the part replaced again with the new recall part number.

I would hope that FCA purged all of the old suspect parts from inventory when the issue was identified.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the dealer did not use the new recall part number for the recent repair, then you will need to have the part replaced again with the new recall part number.

I would hope that FCA purged all of the old suspect parts from inventory when the issue was identified.
Well, I'm sure we will have to take it there again, if nothing else than to just verify that everything was done according to the recall. Ours was fixed 4 months ago, long before this recall was ever created.

Also, this thread might be better suited in the Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls forum.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Well, I'm sure we will have to take it there again, if nothing else than to just verify that everything was done according to the recall. Ours was fixed 4 months ago, long before this recall was ever created.

Also, this thread might be better suited in the Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls forum.
Thanks, I was unaware of that thread but you're certainly right. Maybe one of the Moderators can move it? @Moderator ?

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We received the recall letter last week and made an appointment to have it inspected. As I said previously in this thread, we had the original cracked fuel line replaced back in April of this year but we still wanted the dealer to verify that it was the correct replacement part and not just another original fuel line that might crack again.

My wife dropped it off yesterday for the inspection. She said the service advisor argued with her for a minute or two, saying that the repair had already been done. He eventually agreed to have it inspected. Sure enough, the new line that was installed in April was not the correct one that the recall specified. After 3 hours they had it replaced with the right one.

All is well and no charge...or raw gas smell.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Dropped my Jeep for the inspection for the fuel line last week. Prior to dropping off, I specifically asked the service advisor if the parts were in stock. He indeed said they were. When I dropped it off, I asked the service advisor again and he was hesitant. Told me even if he needed to order the part, the Jeep should be done by Mon or Tuesday (today). Got a call today that it's on backorder and it won't be done until November. Asked for my car back and they said it is inoperable. Glad to know that i'm paying for a Rubicon and driving around in a Compass. Call is in with Jeep Wave. :headbang:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Dropped my Jeep for the inspection for the fuel line last week. Prior to dropping off, I specifically asked the service advisor if the parts were in stock. He indeed said they were. When I dropped it off, I asked the service advisor again and he was hesitant. Told me even if he needed to order the part, the Jeep should be done by Mon or Tuesday (today). Got a call today that it's on backorder and it won't be done until November. Asked for my car back and they said it is inoperable. Glad to know that i'm paying for a Rubicon and driving around in a Compass. Call is in with Jeep Wave. :headbang:
So, you wanted them to give you the Jeep back knowing it had a cracked fuel line?
With all the money you're saving not paying for fuel in the Compass, you'll be able to install 60s under her when you get it back. Win/win

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Inspected, part ordered, part now in and work will be done on the 25th.

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
So, you wanted them to give you the Jeep back knowing it had a cracked fuel line?
With all the money you're saving not paying for fuel in the Compass, you'll be able to install 60s under her when you get it back. Win/win
1. The Jeep was running fine with no fuel smell at the time of dropping the Jeep off. They replaced because it either didn't have a date code or had the date code impacted by the recall. There was no crack in the fuel line.
2. How am I saving money by not paying for fuel? I have to pay for the gas in my Compass and have to fill it up upon return.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
1. The Jeep was running fine with no fuel smell at the time of dropping the Jeep off. They replaced because it either didn't have a date code or had the date code impacted by the recall. There was no crack in the fuel line.
2. How am I saving money by not paying for fuel? I have to pay for the gas in my Compass and have to fill it up upon return.
1. So they were already being extra cautious. No big deal.

2. That was a tongue in cheek joke at how much more gas the Wrangler uses over the Compass. I really don't believe you would be able to save for 60s from the savings.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
1. So they were already being extra cautious. No big deal.

2. That was a tongue in cheek joke at how much more gas the Wrangler uses over the Compass. I really don't believe you would be able to save for 60s from the savings.
I'm getting 22MPG on my Rubicon which isn't bad at all. Much rather drive what I paid for rather than a Compass that I really don't like (worth about half of what my Rubicon is) that gets slightly higher MPG.
BTW, comparing both on fueleconomy.gov:

Annual Fuel Cost*$2,250$1,900
Cost to Drive 25 Miles$3.79$3.18

Please go troll elsewhere.

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm getting 22MPG on my Rubicon which isn't bad at all. Much rather drive what I paid for rather than a Compass that I really don't like (worth about half of what my Rubicon is) that gets slightly higher MPG.
BTW, comparing both on fueleconomy.gov:

Annual Fuel Cost*$2,250$1,900
Cost to Drive 25 Miles$3.79$3.18

Please go troll elsewhere.
Dude.....you seem like you'd be a blast at parties. Anyway, enjoy your Compass. Imao.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Recall Notice (not due to engine) unnamed (4)

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if the call into Jeep Cares put pressure on the dealership but the early November time frame turned into the part coming in yesterday and me picking up my Jeep today. Kind of silly that you need to complain in order to get quicker service but happy to have my Jeep back.
Sponsored