Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I am assuming the $180 PCM includes programming for your vehicle. If you send it here raw it will likely need a trip to a dealer with the vehicle before it will function.
ie, get the pcm from them and make sure it works in your Jeep. If so, you're $200 away from an unlocked spare ;)
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I am assuming the $180 PCM includes programming for your vehicle. If you send it here raw it will likely need a trip to a dealer with the vehicle before it will function.
ie, get the pcm from them and make sure it works in your Jeep. If so, you're $200 away from an unlocked spare ;)
I'm not usually one to put this sort of thing out on public forums, but maybe you can help out since I got 0 response from emailing superchips directly. Our jeep started running poorly and throwing low fuel pressure codes. Took it to the dealer two weeks ago. They say that it's the pcm that needs replaced, not under warranty because it's the unlocked one I got from superchips. Here's the kicker. Nation wide back order, not estimated to arrive until December 29th. My jeep is stuck at the dealer, waiting on what is presumably your failed part. I emailed about you guys sending me a new pcm, as I will swap it myself at the dealer if need be. No response from superchips. Between the dealers questionable competence and the absence of customer service on your end, I am at a loss. Even FCA corporate didn't seem willing to help. @JeepCares maybe you can help push this along? I have a case number from FCA, I have receipts from superchips. Clearly this is why so many are hesitant to modify their vehicles, as a month and a half without my Jeep is ridiculous.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I'm not usually one to put this sort of thing out on public forums, but maybe you can help out since I got 0 response from emailing superchips directly. Our jeep started running poorly and throwing low fuel pressure codes. Took it to the dealer two weeks ago. They say that it's the pcm that needs replaced, not under warranty because it's the unlocked one I got from superchips. Here's the kicker. Nation wide back order, not estimated to arrive until December 29th. My jeep is stuck at the dealer, waiting on what is presumably your failed part. I emailed about you guys sending me a new pcm, as I will swap it myself at the dealer if need be. No response from superchips. Between the dealers questionable competence and the absence of customer service on your end, I am at a loss. Even FCA corporate didn't seem willing to help. @JeepCares maybe you can help push this along? I have a case number from FCA, I have receipts from superchips. Clearly this is why so many are hesitant to modify their vehicles, as a month and a half without my Jeep is ridiculous.
Sad news, hopefully you can solve this quickly. I want this tune, but what it is holding me is the PCM swap and not having the original. I guess it is better to buy an unlock PCM from them and keep the original in case that this happens.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Sad news, hopefully you can solve this quickly. I want this tune, but what it is holding me is the PCM swap and not having the original. I guess it is better to buy an unlock PCM from them and keep the original in case that this happens.
Yep, I wish I'd kept my old pcm.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That bitterly sucks. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not usually one to put this sort of thing out on public forums, but maybe you can help out since I got 0 response from emailing superchips directly.
Thanks for sharing, its always a big red flag when manufacturers do not adequately support their product after it has been sold. I was considering their PulsarXT but this information is making me think twice. Keep us updated on what happens with this.

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks for sharing, its always a big red flag when manufacturers do not adequately support their product after it has been sold. I was considering their PulsarXT but this information is making me think twice. Keep us updated on what happens with this.
I purchased a Pulsar and I am currently having an issue with it (hesitation on the higher power levels). Mike and Kyle from Powerteq have been great so far in helping me figure this out. Kyle (Pulsar engineer) has sent me an additional unit/OBDII cable to test on, and has an Edge Insight unit on the way so we can pull logs. The OPs situation is much more impactful than mine, but I believe Powerteq will step in and provide assistance.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tough situation to be in. Did you flash the PCM back to stock before taking to the dealer?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Tough situation to be in. Did you flash the PCM back to stock before taking to the dealer?
Yes, also in troubleshooting before I took it to the dealer I tried all the different tunes. The worst part is the waiting. I would gladly pay the $600 core charge to get my old pcm back. It's been a week since I emailed superchips and still no response. I understand it was the holiday last week, but at this point it's beyond poor customer service.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yes, also in troubleshooting before I took it to the dealer I tried all the different tunes. The worst part is the waiting. I would gladly pay the $600 core charge to get my old pcm back. It's been a week since I emailed superchips and still no response. I understand it was the holiday last week, but at this point it's beyond poor customer service.
I seriously doubt it's the PCM. Especially if you can successfully flash different tunes. Maybe the dealer is being a little lazy instead of trying to diagnose the problem? Sounds more like a fuel pump issue to me. Hopefully they won't try to blame that on the tuned pcm. Either way I guess you're going to have to put a PCM in it to prove to them it's not the PCM. Sorry for your troubles.

Sponsored

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Its difficult to believe its the PCM causing the issue but the dealership is going to point out the first thing it finds. The unlocked PCM is going to throw a code regardless if its stock or tuned. In this case you might be better off finding an off-road shop that deals primarily with Jeeps.

I believe the PCMs come from Diablo Sport. Looking back through my emails I found this contact that might help:

Andy Walters
[email protected]

PCM Production Supervisor

POWERTEQ LLC

APR DIABLO DINAN EDGE RANGE SUPERCHIPS

P: 1-888-227-2447

A: 1790 E Airport Blvd Sanford FL 32773

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Its difficult to believe its the PCM causing the issue but the dealership is going to point out the first thing it finds. The unlocked PCM is going to throw a code regardless if its stock or tuned. In this case you might be better off finding an off-road shop that deals primarily with Jeeps.

I believe the PCMs come from Diablo Sport. Looking back through my emails I found this contact that might help:

Andy Walters
[email protected]

PCM Production Supervisor

POWERTEQ LLC

APR DIABLO DINAN EDGE RANGE SUPERCHIPS

P: 1-888-227-2447

A: 1790 E Airport Blvd Sanford FL 32773
I’m not convinced it’s the pcm either, but fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor, etc are under warranty which is why the dealer ended up with the Jeep in the first place.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
The unlocked PCMs from SuperChips don't throw codes (P1400) for being unlocked. They figured that part out a long time ago. I've been running an unlocked for over a year. No codes, runs great. Dealer probably would not have known unless he told them. Props to @Zandcwhite for being honest with them (I would too), but I still think they are being lazy rather than checking the fuel pump.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The unlocked PCMs from SuperChips don't throw codes (P1400) for being unlocked. They figured that part out a long time ago. I've been running an unlocked for over a year. No codes, runs great. Dealer probably would not have known unless he told them. Props to @Zandcwhite for being honest with them (I would too), but I still think they are being lazy rather than checking the fuel pump.
Worst part is the high pressure fuel pump is driven directly off the cam, which they sometimes destroy when they fail. This dumb ass dealer is going to sit on it for 7 weeks and then tell me it needs a new engine. Being we will be well beyond the 30 days for state lemon law issues, they will be buying this jeep back from me come January 1st if they still haven't fixed it.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Worst part is the high pressure fuel pump is driven directly off the cam, which they sometimes destroy when they fail. This dumb ass dealer is going to sit on it for 7 weeks and then tell me it needs a new engine. Being we will be well beyond the 30 days for state lemon law issues, they will be buying this jeep back from me come January 1st if they still haven't fixed it.
Can you take it to a different dealer? Sounds like your service writer Sucky McShitpants is exploring all of the possible options to do things out of warranty before exploring possible solutions under warranty, at your expense, in typical scumbag stealership fashion.
Sponsored