TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Got some 0-60 runs in today, average 6.9 to 7.1 with a best run of 6.88s. Same payload, although I did bolt the hilift back on the bumper since the before testing. It will be 3ish weeks before I can get out on the trails and test out 4LO and possibly the charging issue. I'd say shaving a half second off the 0-60 was worth the price of admission anyway.
Since this powertrain is new to me, I've decided to wait until the warranty expires to do the PCM swap... but you're not making it easy to stick with the plan.
Sponsored

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Superchips_Mrktg has the development/updates on this Tune been abandoned? the update for the 2021 2.0 has been "coming soon" for more than 6 months now.
I’ve got a ‘21 and I’ve also been waiting for Superchips. But I’m impatient so I have a JB4 in the garage that I’ll be installing in the next day or two

Sponsored

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
@Superchips_Mrktg has the development/updates on this Tune been abandoned? the update for the 2021 2.0 has been "coming soon" for more than 6 months now.
Things just take a lot longer these days than they used to , since we now do all of our own in house emissions verification testing before we release any tunes.

We did just launch the new Pulsar XT for 2.0T Jeep, which works on 21 and adds power on-the-fly and gives you options like tire/gear, etc.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got some 0-60 runs in today, average 6.9 to 7.1 with a best run of 6.88s. Same payload, although I did bolt the hilift back on the bumper since the before testing. It will be 3ish weeks before I can get out on the trails and test out 4LO and possibly the charging issue. I'd say shaving a half second off the 0-60 was worth the price of admission anyway.
Thanks for sharing your results. Always nice to see independent validation of our efforts! I hope you are enjoying it!!

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
We did just launch the new Pulsar XT for 2.0T Jeep, which works on 21 and adds power on-the-fly and gives you options like tire/gear, etc.
Would it be accurate to say that the Pulsar XT is a "piggyback tune" and according to this earlier post by @Superchips_Mrktg, the flash tune will always be better due to the additional parameters of tuning. I'm sure this applies to the Pulsar XT as well right ?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Would it be accurate to say that the Pulsar XT is a "piggyback tune" and according to this earlier post by @Superchips_Mrktg, the flash tune will always be better due to the additional parameters of tuning. I'm sure this applies to the Pulsar XT as well right ?
There will always be advantages to flash tuning like the ability to properly manage torque management, and make thorough changes to spark or cam timing, fueling, etc.
That said, flash tuning means PCM removal in the Jeep world, and that's not everyone's cup of tea. Hence we have developed an entire line of Pulsar devices to support 15+ Jeep/Dodge/Ram owners who would prefer not to remove or swap their factory PCM.
Pulsar offers on the fly changes to levels, where-as flash tuning can't offer that. Pulsar allows full control through the factory steering wheel controls, flash tuning requires an additional interface. Each has their plus and minuses, but options are key :)

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I read most of this thread and still have a couple questions.
1. With the flash tuner, can you disable ESS or set the default state to Off so I can turn on ESS if I wanted?
2. I assume the flash tune can take care of throttle response, so the pedal modules would not be needed anymore. Is this a correct assumption?
3. Are boost levels modified, or does the tune rely on fuel/timing only?

Thanks!
1. Yes it can be disabled.
2. Yes it can. Some still like a module to adjust on the fly though.
3. Yes boost is increased slightly.

Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome!
Say I wanted to keep my factory PCM stock and have a separate F5/PCM setup. Is this the part I would need? Do I have to have it programmed to my Jeep at the dealer, or can you do that with my vin?
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jeep_2018_Wrangler/MODULE-Engine-Controller/75658607/68292196AD.html

Thanks, again
You can buy it from us, unlocked and programmed for your Jeep already:
https://superchips.com/shop/modified-pcm-only-2020-2-0t-jeep-wrangler-jl

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is this in addition to the $600 of the TD3?
Yes...the TD3 includes the pcm unlock but we cant apply that toward a replacement pcm unfortunately.

If you can find one for cheaper we can unlock it for $200 here.

Thanks

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, help me out here.
It looks like I can buy the PCM on MoparPartsInc for 180, then ship it to you to program for 200. That's 380 total. Then the 550 and change for the F5, totaling just under 1k. (Which is totally reasonable for a reflash tune btw). Vs the 1200 and change for you to source the PCM. (Again, reasonable considering the type of tune). Is there a missing piece sourcing the PCM from MoparPartsInc or a similar parts warehouse?
Because that 300 dollar difference is like 2 tanks of gas lol
If you can get the pcm for $180, I'd say go for it. You'll have everything you need once you send the pcm here to be unlocked and buy the tuner.
Sponsored