Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I am running the diablo i3 version of this and their tech support has yet to fix the enabling of all the features. I can't adjust anything but gears and tires. No switches, tpms, start/stop, rpm limits etc... And even the tires only adjust in 1/2" increments no matter what size you put, it just rounds up or down so its impossible to dial in your speedometer to be correct. Not to mention it sometimes takes multiple attempts and several hours to load a basic tune. I am really not impressed so far and expected a better experience from Holly/Diablo. Thinking a dealer flash for gears and tires may have been better. Its been a month, with multiple updates and attempts, and still no answers or a fix from Holly.
Sorry to hear about this. I know there was a bug with the parameters, but to the best of my knowledge it has been resolved. Do you have a case number that I can look into tomorrow?
Sponsored

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Are these identical products or ?

I am running the diablo i3 version of this and their tech support has yet to fix the enabling of all the features. I can't adjust anything but gears and tires. No switches, tpms, start/stop, rpm limits etc... And even the tires only adjust in 1/2" increments no matter what size you put, it just rounds up or down so its impossible to dial in your speedometer to be correct. Not to mention it sometimes takes multiple attempts and several hours to load a basic tune. I am really not impressed so far and expected a better experience from Holly/Diablo. Thinking a dealer flash for gears and tires may have been better. Its been a month, with multiple updates and attempts, and still no answers or a fix from Holly.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The question is that if your parent company owns both, what is the difference so that consumers can decide.
They are entirely different devices. i3 offers wifi updating and multi licensing options, and F5 is plug and play based, PC updateable, and supports a single vehicle per device. F5 has a clear advantage regarding Jeep specific options for the end user.

Sponsored

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
F5 has a clear advantage regarding Jeep specific options for the end user.
[/QUOTE]

Obviously as the i3 just plain doesn't have the functionality it claims. I wish I knew this before speding $700 on a PCM. (I already had an i3) Honestly, after a month of waiting for someone to fix the parameters, I am ready for someone t bauthorize a RA#. Rick in tech support has tried to help but there just isnt a fix yet. I have already returned to stock, removed the PCM and installed the original PCM. Bought a ECRI device, programmed all parameters and dialed in the speedo (can't do that with diablo) all for $140 including a license for my vin. Completely removed the device and gateway once complete. If the i3 and unlocked PCM worked, it would be great. I have always had great success with Diablo stuff, this experience has been a nightmare of frustration from getting it to complete tunes to claimed features that don't actually work. I think a month is long enough to fix an issue. Still like diablo, and willing to try again down the road, just had enough for now. I am sure the superchips is great. Thanks for answering Mike.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
F5 has a clear advantage regarding Jeep specific options for the end user.

Obviously as the i3 just plain doesn't have the functionality it claims. I wish I knew this before speding $700 on a PCM. (I already had an i3) Honestly, after a month of waiting for someone to fix the parameters, I am ready for someone t bauthorize a RA#. Rick in tech support has tried to help but there just isnt a fix yet. I have already returned to stock, removed the PCM and installed the original PCM. Bought a ECRI device, programmed all parameters and dialed in the speedo (can't do that with diablo) all for $140 including a license for my vin. Completely removed the device and gateway once complete. If the i3 and unlocked PCM worked, it would be great. I have always had great success with Diablo stuff, this experience has been a nightmare of frustration from getting it to complete tunes to claimed features that don't actually work. I think a month is long enough to fix an issue. Still like diablo, and willing to try again down the road, just had enough for now. I am sure the superchips is great. Thanks for answering Mike.
Do you have a case number I can look into?

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Do you have a case number I can look into?
I am submitting for a RA#. It has been over a month and a slew of emails trying to resolve issues. We are no better than day one. Rick had been helpful but the product just doesnt do what it claims at the moment. I truly hope Holley will choose to do the right thing here. Thanks for any assistance.

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Diablo took care of my issues and I appreciate it greatly. I may look into the Superchips at a later date. It would be great to have a tuner and parameter adjustment in the same system.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Any long term review about the tune from those that have it?

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
Any update on 2021 support? 2022 models are about to be released soon.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on 2021 support? 2022 models are about to be released soon.
That's what I'd like to know... I'm trying to be patient, but I wonder what the deal is. I almost want the unlocked settings more than the actual tune at this point, so I've been tempted to pick up a Tazer and just call it good. But, the tune would be really nice.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I upgraded to a TrailDash3 and love it. Same tune. I've been happily running the performance tune for almost a year with no issues.
Sponsored