Sponsored

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Have you reached out to our tech support team this morning? This should be something pretty easy to resolve.
Twice and I’m waiting for the engineer to call back. They have been great so far. I’ve done a full update to the F5 but when trying to flash the computer it’s still stopping prior to showing the tunes saying that I need to update the F5.
Sponsored

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
We got it working. I installed the 93 octane tune but switched to the 91 octane tune for daily driving. I’ve always ran 93 octane fuel and noticed some detention at WOT using the 91 tune. I’m at sea level in Florida and today’s temps are 65 degrees.

Also my cruise control will not turn on. I kind of need/want that to work.

Any recommendations?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
We got it working. I installed the 93 octane tune but switched to the 91 octane tune for daily driving. I’ve always ran 93 octane fuel and noticed some detention at WOT using the 91 tune. I’m at sea level in Florida and today’s temps are 65 degrees.

Any recommendations?
Cruise control should not be affected at all, at least it hasn't been in our beta test vehicles. Same with detonation. Our tune development happens at our Sanford, FL location, so about as close to sea level as possible. But we also test in Utah at 4400-ft, I'd suggest speaking with that engineer again.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Any recommendations?
I running the 93 octane tune without any issues as I run 93 all the time. Also had the same issue with cruise not working. Disconnected the ground for all batteries (main battery ground and ground that is on the passenger side fender)to reset everything and it started working again. I beleive this is probably caused by the new ECU communicating to the other modules (BCM and so on).

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Ya it's not cheap especially if you want to keep your stock ECU. I would send my back if I didn't have E Torque.

So I have ran I to an issue where my cruise control will not work. Only tried the 93 tune so will try another and put an email with tech support.

Edit:. Pulled all the negative battery connections to reset everything and cruise seems to be working now.
I just tried that and still no cruise. I’m going to do it again but leave the cables disconnected for an hour. I’ve done both batteries BTW.

Sponsored

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just tried that and still no cruise. I’m going to do it again but leave the cables disconnected for an hour. I’ve done both batteries BTW.
I let mine set for at least 5 minutes, made sure everything was dead. The ground on the fender has two lugs that will come off together.

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
That worked! Seems like removing both ground cables and letting it sit for awhile cleared the computer so now cruise works again!!!!

I’m still running the 91 octane tune and like it so far. It’s a lot more responsive and seems to regain the 1-2 mpg loss that my 34” tires took. I’ll probably keep it on this tune for awhile.

Superchips: Could you talk about what all the tow tune offers compared to stock? I will occasionally tow a 2,800 lb camper and I’m curious how it will perform. Any HP/TQ improvements or is it basically changes in how the transmission shifts?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Superchips: Could you talk about what all the tow tune offers compared to stock? I will occasionally tow a 2,800 lb camper and I’m curious how it will perform. Any HP/TQ improvements or is it basically changes in how the transmission shifts?
There are some performance gains in the Tow tune, yes. 9hp/11tq at peak RPMs, but like the other tunes, we spent a lot of time manipulating that curve so you have way more torque down low to work with compared to stock. The transmission stuff is also setup a little different that factory and even our 91 performance tune so you can optimize how that power and torque is applied while towing.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Also, as some feedback specific to the cruise control functions. This is something common in any vehicle that requires a PCM swap. They normally require some drive time and mileage on the new PCM's in order for all of the vehicle functions to 'sync' together again. Every vehicle is different and some of the functions that do/don't work will be different in each case. This would stand true if you were just swapping pcm for pcm and not doing tuning at all. Driving time should resolve anything not working, but the battery disconnect would speed up the process of the modules all syncing properly.

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
That’s good to hear regarding the towing tune. That is really what motivated me to get it. I liked how the tq is not only higher but about 500-600 RPMs sooner. That really makes it better for driving.

Today I switched to the 93 tune and so far I’m very satisfied with both tunes. I think I will run it daily as I noticed a little more pep over the 91 tune.

Sponsored

Abnmarine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I wanted to provide an update to my tunes. I just drove from Florida to Oklahoma and ran the 89 octane tune since I didn’t need the extra performance and could save on the lower fuel. I saw 22 MPGs with my 34” Toyo AT3’s and Rubicon lift. Not too bad.
I purchased a RPod that weighs 3,200 lbs and towed it back on the tow tune. I also ran premium fuel. It ran flawlessly and had plenty of power despite driving into a 26 mph headwind. Once the winds calmed down I was seeing 12-13 MPGs at 65 mph. I’m more than happy with this.

it’s a great tune!

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Will there be a race fuel tune? For those of us with access to 100 or 104 octane?

Also, to be clear, this has the functions to essentially replace the Tazer? Or are there feature differences or deficits? I don’t want to have to run both optimally.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will there be a race fuel tune? For those of us with access to 100 or 104 octane?

Also, to be clear, this has the functions to essentially replace the Tazer? Or are there feature differences or deficits? I don’t want to have to run both optimally.
It does have most If not all the settings that the tazer has.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL

Our tunes are optimized for 87, 91, and 93 Octanes.

As for features, I can't confirm how each device compares, but our Flashpaq will allow you to adjust and modify many on-board functions.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Installed mine tonight, was pretty easy without any issues. Will see tomorrow if everything works as expected. I run 93 so will start with that flash and go from there. I'm just hoping the throttle is more predictable. Also hoping it's takes away the surging that happens sometimes in 4L.

If you want to keep your stock ECU it's $600. Also comes with a warning stating that even if you flash the unlocked ECU back to stock the dealer will to see an error code with their scanner. Believe I might hang on to my ECU but only because I have the e torque which is covered for 100,000 miles I believe. If didn't have that I would probably send it back.

Wow $600, that's a lot considering a new PCM can be picked up for $158 online.

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jeep_2018_Wrangler/MODULE-Engine-Controller/75658607/68292196AD.html

Has anybody gone this route and picked up a new PCM on their own and sent it in to be unlocked?
Sponsored