Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do you modify the stock PCM, or is it a " new" unit ? Can it be easily be " detuned " in case of sale ?
Sounds tantalizing !
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Is there an option to purchase a pre-tuned ECM and keep our original so we can swap the original back in for warranty work? What happens if my ECM is flashed with your tune and I take it into the dealership and they have to flash some thing on the PCM? Or maybe when you unlock it are we still able to flash the stock tune back into the unlocked ECM for warranty work?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is good to hear. Any issues with installing the new PCM? Also are you running an after market CAI and exhaust as well?
Super easy to swap the PCM. It's right out in front of the jeep. My Challenger was a PAI to get the PCM in and out.
My jeep is all stock right now. No intake or exhaust and I don't plan on those. I was considering the Mishimoto charged air pipe eventually, and maybe I'll still get that, but honestly I'm really impressed with this motor as is right now.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do you modify the stock PCM, or is it a " new" unit ? Can it be easily be " detuned " in case of sale ?
Sounds tantalizing !
I did a PCM swap. And yes, I can put it back to stock and "unmarry" the tuner from this jeep and use it on another one if I decide to sell this one. But I just got the jeep a couple months ago, so I don't see that happening anytime soon. :)

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Is there an option to purchase a pre-tuned ECM and keep our original so we can swap the original back in for warranty work? What happens if my ECM is flashed with your tune and I take it into the dealership and they have to flash some thing on the PCM? Or maybe when you unlock it are we still able to flash the stock tune back into the unlocked ECM for warranty work?
This. I want to keep my original PCM so I can revert the Jeep back to stock form in case of warranty. Is this the correct PCM? If so, can we buy this one and send it to you for tuning?

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jeep__Wrangler/MODULE-Engine-Controller/75658607/68292196AD.html

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Pretty sure you can just outright buy a PCM with from any of the tuner companies out there. They probably all have prices for that. Most people don't want to because a PCM is expensive and usually just ends up sitting on a shelf somewhere. ( Speaking from experience :) ) Worst case do the swap and don't send yours back? They'll just charge you the core charge if you don't send one back. Right?

Reactions: F2F
OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
The two red lines are factory hp/tq lines. The blue lines are our 93 Octane tunes hp/tq

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Yes, you can purchase an unlocked PCM outright by calling our tech support team. We do not recommend having the Unlocked PCM flashed by the dealer as it may throw a code after there update. With that said, the Flashpaq tuning can be returned to stock at anytime, leaving you with the factory tuning in the unlocked PCM without issue.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The two red lines are factory hp/tq lines. The blue lines are our 93 Octane tunes hp/tq
Ok. The two red lines stop at 5700 RPM, right around the factory rev limiter. The blue lines go to 6000 RPM.

Is the redline higher?
Does the tune increase the engine's maximum RPM?

Last edited:

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
How does this compares with the Burger JB4? JB4 it seems to have more gains in power. why would one use these product over the JB4?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
How does this compares with the Burger JB4? JB4 it seems to have more gains in power. why would one use these product over the JB4?
The JB4 is a piggyback, and can only modify the sensors that it plugs into. It can also be removed easily with no trace.

The full tune that is offered in this thread requires swapping to an unlocked PCM, but it appears that they have full access to all the tuning parameters. It can be removed with no trace, but would require swapping back in the locked PCM. This is why they are able to adjust throttle mapping (actually adjust it, not fool it like the pedal commanders), and shift points (possibly even shift firmness). I'm not 100% sure what all the piggyback tuners are doing, but a full tune like this could potentially modify fueling, timing, VVT crossover, and many other parameters that I'm not sure if they addressed. https://superchips.com/jeep-flashpaq/
Sponsored