AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Put my premixed coolant in. Took about 20 oz and I think the thing is going to run like it's a 392!
Carry on.

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
Thanks to this forum, I checked the coolant on my 2019 2.0 Turbo and found the dipstick was dry.
A scan of the engine compartment and garage floor did not reveal evidence of any leaks anywhere...both clear reservoirs along the fender had fluid in them.
Why doesn't Jeep use clear plastic for the main reservoir???
I did discover there is a yellow plastic MAX FILL gauge INSIDE the reservoir opening, however you have to be a contortionist and use a mirror and bright flash light to see it as it is up against the hood/firewall area.
I could not find Mopar coolant anywhere in town here, so ordered some from Amazon, but it was about a week out and I thought I'd have to park the Jeep till then...
Old Dogger came to my rescue with a quart and a half he had leftover from a coolant change.
THANKS OLD DOGGER!
The main reservoir took almost a full quart!.
I removed, loctited and replaced the two coolant flange bolts, so avoided a potential overheating disaster by the skin of my teeth.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
It's actually being consumed? I was going to chalk mine up to being under filled at the factory.

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Have you ever tasted antifreeze? It's sweet. It's delicious. It's very very toxic. It's been a toddler and pet poisoning problem for many years.

Embittered means it has an additive to make it taste appropriately disgusting for its level of toxicity, so Millennial influencers don't make an Antifreeze Cocktail Challenge on TicTok and make half of the generation drop dead.
Hmmm delicious ehhh?
Sponsored