Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a 2.0 eTorque on the upper end models like Sahara and the Rubicon based Recon.
Cool. I didn't know that.

I'm thinking simpler is better for an off road vehicle. YMMV

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Cool. I didn't know that.

I'm thinking simpler is better for an off road vehicle. YMMV
I am sure you will enjoy which ever JL you buy. Have fun ordering it!

Sponsored

JLCITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2.0T Automatic
I bet 99% of Wranglers do not go off road so not sure the offroad angle matters one way or another. I might be so bold as to say the mall crawlers the superior offraoding crowd loves to bash ad nauseam would prefer the on road benefits of the e torque. I know I do when I roast Shelby Mustangs daily off the line, really it's true.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a 4 cyl loaner from my Jeep dealer. Thank God I did not buy this! Totally soft-peddle until the turbo kicks in. The 6 cyl is so much better. The gas mileage isn't different enough to put up with the lack of power. I still have the loaner. Taking it easy on the peddle. Don't want to blow the motor.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
It’s crazy how many people see different things. I got rid of my V6 JLUR for a few reasons, but one of them was for the utter lack of power. Night and day. The turbo is so much more powerful, I don’t see how anyone can even argue it. Maybe it’s different as a flat lander with stock sized tires. The difference is so stark, it’s laughable.

As far as the thrust, for the first week it was definitely touchy, until I ran 91 octane in it and it’s adaptive learning adjusted to my driving. Now it’s smooth as silk with power whenever I need it, with 37s.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It’s crazy how many people see different things. I got rid of my V6 JLUR for a few reasons, but one of them was for the utter lack of power. Night and day. The turbo is so much more powerful, I don’t see how anyone can even argue it. Maybe it’s different as a flat lander with stock sized tires. The difference is so stark, it’s laughable.

As far as the thrust, for the first week it was definitely touchy, until I ran 91 octane in it and it’s adaptive learning adjusted to my driving. Now it’s smooth as silk with power whenever I need it, with 37s.
Luddites on here like to shit on anything that is not 1940's technology. As turbos have only been around for 35 years they are still unproven and a bit radical for these folks.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Luddites on here like to shit on anything that is not 1940's technology. As turbos have only been around for 35 years they are still unproven and a bit radical for these folks.
Im sure at sea level the V6 is a bit closer in power range and it’s a great engine but it’s doesn’t compare in everyday ease of driving. The Turbo just has the correct power where you need it, and the 8 speed does a terrific job of keeping it there.

With my V6 4 door on 37s, it was ok around town, but on the highway it just made a lot of racket but never went anywhere. My turbo barely needs to shift out of 7th running 70 up Vail pass. Effortless.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Im sure at sea level the V6 is a bit closer in power range and it’s a great engine but it’s doesn’t compare in everyday ease of driving. The Turbo just has the correct power where you need it, and the 8 speed does a terrific job of keeping it there.

With my V6 4 door on 37s, it was ok around town, but on the highway it just made a lot of racket but never went anywhere. My turbo barely needs to shift out of 7th running 70 up Vail pass. Effortless.
Chip it and it will do it in 8th ;)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Nail. Head.
Turbo Nailhead?

Buick-Nailhead-turbo-with-Carter-sidedraft-carbs.jpg

Fun fact: the V6 logo in my profile picture is from a 1968 CJ-5, which came with the Dauntless V6 (Jeeps first V6). This motor was essentially 3/4 of the Buick nailhead shown above (without the turbo).

Last edited:

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Turbo Nailhead?

Buick-Nailhead-turbo-with-Carter-sidedraft-carbs.jpg

Fun fact: the V6 logo in my profile picture is from a 1968 CJ-5, which came with the Dauntless V6 (Jeeps first V6). This motor was essentially 3/4 of the Buick nailhead shown above (without the turbo).
My dad use to have a 1966 Buick special with the 225 V6 he said that it would rip:rock:
Sponsored