Sponsored

2.0 Turbo owners what octane are you using?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Other way around. High altitude allows for lower octane. Hence why you see 85 octane in places like Denver. Lower elevation requires higher octane. Science is fun.
Science is fun but I’d suggest reading comprehension. That might help with science too. :like:

That said, you’re generally correct... even moreso on NA engines as forced induction engines mostly make up for the loss of atmospheric pressure. As cylinder pressure drops, so does the heat generated as a byproduct of less efficient combustion, which mitigates spark knock under typical driving/engine conditions at high elevation.
Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
19.9. with 92. 2-door Rubicon.
It's cold here and I let it run so the heated seats are warm when I get in.

With remote start, you should be able to have the heated seats come on automatically right? My Rubi doesn't and I can't figure out why.

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
On my 2020 JLU 2.0 - been running Chevron 92 since the day I bought it (except when I went on a road trip to California, then it was 91).

Boatmaan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara unlimited
1999 Sahara - running 87 Octane.......no pings, runs great.....plenty of balls.........no issues......saving $.

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I started out with 87 octane and ran that for first 7000 miles. Since then I’ve been using 91. I’m at 8500 miles now and I can’t say there is a noticeable difference. Since my JLUR is not a daily driver and is weighed down with a bunch of stuff I decided to go with 91 since it’s a turbo. I’m betting on 91 octane to aid in the longevity of the motor.

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
93 only. Ever since purchase but only have about 3k on the Jeep this year due to WFH. I would put higher if it was available. I could care less about the price of the fuel based on grade since the mileage is great and I don’t drive much.
Would be nice to have an alcohol fogger and increase octane and boost higher. Now that the PCM is opened, this might be possible soon.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Boy these “what octane” threads are really the gift that keeps on giving😏. Can we all just read what the manual says and then run what we decide rather than continuing to flog this Very deal horse?

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Boy these “what octane” threads are really the gift that keeps on giving😏. Can we all just read what the manual says and then run what we decide rather than continuing to flog this Very deal horse?
yeah but...

Dsavino3

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I am in New England and I have 87, 89, and 93 (93 being what I use 90% of the time since I purchased it). I have an 18 JL with about 34K now and it has been running great. I do notice a performance difference with 93 and about 1 mpg difference in efficiency if my driving stays consistent and most country roads. MPG average is 20.5 -23 depending on the season.

Landog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys 2 Door
Costco (Kirkland) 92 octane.

Side note: I perceived an increase in pep/throttle response once I refueled from the dealer supplied tank of gas, whatever that was.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
87 Octane since my 2020 JLUR was new, no issues and drives great. If I want speed I'll drive the C8, which gets a steady diet of 93-95 octane.