First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 JLUW XR 2.0T, ‘23 JLU 4xe Sahara
Occupation
IT
I am almost certain that the 2.0T was a reduced cost compared to the v6 and above engines yesterday. Today i was pricing out different versions to see what made the most since and now it’s zero price difference. Did Jeep rally make this change overnight?

-edit-
Also noticed the gorilla glass is also not an option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Think it was for a while compared to the v6. Just checked earlier today and it looks like the current free/standard option is 3.6 w/manual, while the 2.0T w/auto is $2,000 extra and the 3.6L eTorque w/auto is $4,000 extra.

Seems like they're constantly switching their drivetrain prices around, I'm guessing to charge more for whatever they have less of (and potentially dissuade people from ordering something that might take longer).

Guess in a way it's smart, but it's also quite stupid. I wanted the standard non-eTorque with an auto, but basically had to spend an extra $2,000 for an engine I didn't exactly want.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I am almost certain that the 2.0T was a reduced cost compared to the v6 and above engines yesterday. Today i was pricing out different versions to see what made the most since and now it’s zero price difference. Did Jeep rally make this change overnight?
Looks like Gorilla Glass option is gone too

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
JPXR

JPXR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 JLUW XR 2.0T, ‘23 JLU 4xe Sahara
Occupation
IT
Weird. That makes things really hard to keep track of. I just picked up my 22 Willy’s xr about 2 months ago and now my wife wants a wrangler as well. I would think they could keep pricing changes to every month but multiple times a day is painful.

randeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JL Willys
well, the default build comes with a manual gearbox and the 3.6. So when you select 2.0, you add the auto transmission at a cost of $2000. The 2.0, as far as I know (I ordered a jeep 2 days ago), is still incentivized at a $1750 discount. All in all, it should be about $2000 more to get the 3.6L.

doesn't make much sense to me, though I know Jeep is trying to bump their gas mileage stats by getting more of these 2.0 engines out. but I like the 2.0 (my mom has one in her JLU) and I really like saving nearly $2000

EDIT - I just looked on Build and price . . . 3.6 config is $2000 higher than the 2.0 config. make sure you re-select your package options after changing the engine, as the tool bugs out and removes some of them when you switch engines/transmissions

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Think it was for a while compared to the v6. Just checked earlier today and it looks like the current free/standard option is 3.6 w/manual, while the 2.0T w/auto is $2,000 extra and the 3.6L eTorque w/auto is $4,000 extra.

Seems like they're constantly switching their drivetrain prices around, I'm guessing to charge more for whatever they have less of (and potentially dissuade people from ordering something that might take longer).

Guess in a way it's smart, but it's also quite stupid. I wanted the standard non-eTorque with an auto, but basically had to spend an extra $2,000 for an engine I didn't exactly want.
The 2.0 and 3.6 eTorque are now $0 and the auto is $2000 so they are the same price now

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I wanted the standard non-eTorque with an auto,
same here. i currently have the 3.6 non e with auto in my 2019 jl. i was looking at a possibility of getting a 2nd wrangler. it sucks that i'm stuck in either getting the 2.0t or 3.6e. the only other way around this is to get a gladiator to get the non e 3.6 and auto. which is something i'm considering as well.

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
The 2.0 and 3.6 eTorque are now $0 and the auto is $2000 so they are the same price now
Was just going off the most recent 'quick order' in the current order guides for the 2-doors (just updated a few days ago). On my July build sheet, the 3.6L eTorque is listed as $0 but the auto trans is $4,000. Whatever pricing you see on the Jeep.com build-and-price configurator is usually incorrect and several months old. Always use the order guides for pricing..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...door-jl-and-4-door-jlu-updated-monthly.96209/

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JLUR XR, ‘17 4Runner
Looks like Gorilla Glass option is gone too
It is.
I tried to include it in my order last month, but the dealer told me it was no longer available.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It is.
I tried to include it in my order last month, but the dealer told me it was no longer available.
they should have never released it in the first place

Sponsored

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Here’s what it used to be, back in late July when I placed my order

CB1AD3DA-07D3-42E8-A877-E1268B6B02ED.png

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Since I'm in the middle of trying to work out our order I'm looking at this every day. What they did is just simplify pricing, price didn't change.

Before the 2.0t was -$1750 off the price, but the auto trans was $3750. So now it's just $0 for the engine, and $2000 for the trans. Same price.

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JLUR XR, ‘17 4Runner
they should have never released it in the first place
That seemed to be the general consensus on the Gorilla glass the more I researched it afterwards. Sounds like I saved myself a few hundred by not being able to order it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That seemed to be the general consensus on the Gorilla glass the more I researched it afterwards. Sounds like I saved myself a few hundred by not being able to order it.
Entirely. I was all for it -- figured for $99 I'd take the risk (that's what it was at the time I ordered my 392 XR). It lasted 400 miles, lol. Then there's the whole warranty fiasco, but basically, I assume FCA decided it was cheaper to get sued than replace windshields.

Willys4Me

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2023 JLR Willys Silver Zynith
Occupation
IT Security
I'm hoping with a little, or maybe a lot, of luck....they build it w/o the GG. It's in Production now so I guess when the Build Sheet populates I'll know for sure.
Sponsored