2.0 Turbo exhausts recommendations needed

city_kid

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL 2dr Sport
Anyone know of an exhaust for the 2.0 that DOESN'T make my jeep sound like a sup'd up 1995 Honda Civic? lol. I tried the Redrock Axle-back exhaust and I had to return it because it sounded annoying. Chime in please!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of an exhaust for the 2.0 that DOESN'T make my jeep sound like a sup'd up 1995 Honda Civic? lol. I tried the Redrock Axle-back exhaust and I had to return it because it sounded annoying. Chime in please!
I've been overall very pleased with the Borla Touring Climber cat-back over the last couple years. Amongst other benefits, it gives a subtle bass tone that's just enough to know its there without being obnoxiously loud or tinny sounding. It also produces zero drone at rpm and speed ranges.

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
I use the Borla Touring Climber as well and it is what you are looking for. Zero drone and no fart can noises coming from it. It is very subtle and has a deep tone on cold starts that's about all.

OP
OP
city_kid

city_kid

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL 2dr Sport
I use the Borla Touring Climber as well and it is what you are looking for. Zero drone and no fart can noises coming from it. It is very subtle and has a deep tone on cold starts that's about all.
Thank you guys! Gonna youtube it now.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The AWE comes in either the Tread or Trail versions. The Tread includes a normal muffler and the Trail is more of a straight pipe. Both are made with T-304L stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty. The AWE's are expensive, but worth it if you want your exhaust to last a long time.

I use the Trail version and it produces a throaty but not obnoxious tone. Both are made with T-304L stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty. It doesn't drone and provides plenty of clearance for off road obstacles. It doesn't have a tinny sound, nor is it too loud.

I tried a muffler delete and it was obnoxious, especially under heavy throttle.

Sponsored

Decreasing Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURubicon XR
Occupation
Retired Federal LEO
I just replaced a Dynomax muffler delete pipe with the AFE MACH Force-XP high tuck exhaust. It made the exhaust note deep and so much quieter than the delete pipe. The sound is better and much more tolerable to use as a daily, but yet you can still hear it.

That, combined with the S&B Intake has now let my turbo be a turbo and spool to pull a hill versus just downshifting. The Jeep pulls from low RPM now where it would just downshift before. Plus, I can see if the cleanable filter is dirty without taking the airbox apart.

I couldn't be happier with this combo. The jeep is just so much better to drive.

IntegraRC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
The AWE comes in either the Tread or Trail versions. The Tread includes a normal muffler and the Trail is more of a straight pipe. Both are made with T-304L stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty. The AWE's are expensive, but worth it if you want your exhaust to last a long time.

I use the Trail version and it produces a throaty but not obnoxious tone. Both are made with T-304L stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty. It doesn't drone and provides plenty of clearance for off road obstacles. It doesn't have a tinny sound, nor is it too loud.

I tried a muffler delete and it was obnoxious, especially under heavy throttle.
How loud is it compared to stock? I’m debating between the borla touring and the AWE trail. I like how the AWE burbles, but I do a lot of commuting and don’t want a lot of extra noise on the highway.

What I REALLY want is an AWE tread sound in a high tuck package… Do you hear me, AWE? If borla can do it, you can too ;)

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How loud is it compared to stock? I’m debating between the borla touring and the AWE trail. I like how the AWE burbles, but I do a lot of commuting and don’t want a lot of extra noise on the highway.

What I REALLY want is an AWE tread sound in a high tuck package… Do you hear me, AWE? If borla can do it, you can too ;)
Under light throttle, it's not loud or obnoxious. With the Trail, there is no muffler so it's going to be louder than stock. I think it's perfectly fine for commuting and you can talk on your phone or passengers without issues. When you get on the throttle, it has a nice and deep tone. It is loud on cold start for a few minutes, but quiets down as soon as the RPM drops.

I've not heard the Borla, so I can't compare the two. I was impressed with the sound/tone of the AWE Trail as I thought it would be as loud and annoying as the muffler delete pipe it replaced. The AWE is a very high-quality system and is worth the money.
Sponsored