Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Rubicon 392, ā€˜20 Gladiator

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I highly doubt Ford would trigger Jeep to drop the 392. Their current Bronco engine offerings are underwhelming at best. Unresponsive, slow as heck, and inefficient.

It would be cool to have an SRT 2.0 though!

John907442001

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 C7, 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 Jeep Willis
https://www.motortrend.com/news/easter-jeep-safari-concept-turbo-engine-srt-tune/

SRT tuned concept, what are the chances Jeep drops this as an engine option? If the Ford Bronco triggered Jeep to drop the 392, perhaps it will also trigger Jeep to up the performance on the 2.0 to the concept specs. Am I wishful thinking or is this a real possibility?
Unfortunately that SRT GME T4 was a one off prototype. Besides a 2.0L engine is just not enought motor, what the Wrangler needs is a larger I4, possibly a 2.5-2.7 L 340-365HP version of the GME, such an engine would be more durable then the 2.0, since it would be less stressed.

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I know it's not totally the same thing but you can get the 4xe version of the Wrangler with the 2.0 PHEV system that puts out 375 HP and 470 TQ.
You do understand that it only puts out that horsepower and torque for like 20-22 miles right On a good day, if you are flooring the crap out of it I bet you would only get around 15 miles before that batteries are completely drained. After the battery is completely drained then you are left with the same 2.0T motor but now you are hauling around about 750 more pounds of dead battery weight until you can recharge it!!

DCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport, 2022 Sahara
Its likely a custom tune and maybe intake/exhaust will get you those numbers easily on a turbo platform on 93 octane. No need to wait for jeep to release, but you want to wait for your warranty to expire first!

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
You do understand that it only puts out that horsepower and torque for like 20-22 miles right On a good day, if you are flooring the crap out of it I bet you would only get around 15 miles before that batteries are completely drained. After the battery is completely drained then you are left with the same 2.0T motor but now you are hauling around about 750 more pounds of dead battery weight until you can recharge it!!
I understand how it works, I own one, and it doesn't operate how you think it does.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You are completely wrong.

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
You are incorrect sir. The battery never gets fully depleted.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Can I get an SRT tune on my 3.0L?
325 HP and 550 ft-lbs sounds good to me.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Clearly youā€™ve never driven a plug in hybrid. You are confusing electric only range (which by the way in electric only mode itā€™s only 150hp and ~200ftlbs). The software always ensures enough battery charge for the electric assist when you need it. It recharges itself every time you brake or coast. It has the same 0-60 even if you never plug it in. My work car is a cmaxx, hasnā€™t been plugged in in months. If I walk out to the parking lot and check it it will have a 20-30% charge. Going home thereā€™s a long winding down hill section that charges the batteries enough to cruise the next 5-6 miles in all electric mode. Obviously to get the most out of a plug in hybrid youā€™d want to charge it, but when the work vehicle comes with a gas card and the project Iā€™m on doesnā€™t have chargers, Iā€™m happy with the 36mpg hybrid function. So many people are misinformed when it comes to hybrid vs plug in hybrid vs full EV. One only gets charged via regen, one can be charged but never needs to be unless you plan to run in EV mode, but always functions the same as a non-plug in hybrid, and one isnā€™t going anywhere without a charger.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Its likely a custom tune and maybe intake/exhaust will get you those numbers easily on a turbo platform on 93 octane. No need to wait for jeep to release, but you want to wait for your warranty to expire first!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Turbo 340 HP & 369 lb-ft of torque? 8EADD45E-2A0E-40E9-BA1C-9072CBCC6E9C

jb4, mishimoto intake, muffler delete, 94 octane pump gas, blue is with water meth injection. 321 hp and 445ftlbs at the wheels on pump gas, 333 hp and 470ftlbs with water/meth. The srt tune isnā€™t even all that aggressive compared to what some guys are running. 15% drivetrain loss puts the above tune at 392hp and 552ftlbs!

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I don't know much about this engine, as I've only had my Wrangler a few weeks. However, it replaced a VW Tiguan which had the 2.0 TSI which was borrowed from the GTI and developed by Audi. It came from the factory stock with 200hp, 207tq... a simple tune chnaged it to 267hp/317tq with 93 octane... with a larger turbo, a more free flowing exhaust and intake, and a tune, it was easy to get over 400hp for $4k... it was capable of even more but then you had to start changing internal engine parts...

Point being, 350hp should be easily attainable without stressing the engine too much with a bigger turbo and a tune.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
There currently aren't any big turbo or turbo replacement options for the JL 2.0? I'd consider an upgrade and a tune if it's available and tested.

I'm not seeing much on when should a turbo be rebuilt? Guessing as long as you keep up with maintenance and don't treat it like a racecar then it should last the life of the vehicle.
Sponsored