2.0 on 37's with 4:10 gears in a JLUR

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Is yours a 2.0 liter? We're going to 35's, I'd love 37s but concerned we'll lose too much low end acceleration and torque.
I went from stock to 37's and really did not see a big difference in acceleration down low. it is plenty fast. I am running stock gears too. It is actually surprisingly fast.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I went from stock to 37's and really did not see a big difference in acceleration down low. it is plenty fast. I am running stock gears too. It is actually surprisingly fast.
Good to know. I think we’re going to stick with 35”s for now. I’d like to postpone a rear bumper / tire carrier for a bit longer. Maybe the next set though. Appreciate the info though.

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if you can clarify one thing.

Do you know the weight of your wheels and tires?

I believe stock wheel is like 20 lbs and the tire is like 60 lbs or something.

I am looking at going to 40 lb wheels and cannot decide on tires because Im worried about the weight as I have read that can make a big difference but maybe some over exaggerated.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Just curious if you can clarify one thing.

Do you know the weight of your wheels and tires?

I believe stock wheel is like 20 lbs and the tire is like 60 lbs or something.

I am looking at going to 40 lb wheels and cannot decide on tires because Im worried about the weight as I have read that can make a big difference but maybe some over exaggerated.
Yes, the combined weight of mine is 93 lbs.

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the combined weight of mine is 93 lbs.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah depending on the tires I go with I could be looking at 115 lbs combined so your setup is more ideal.

I bought the wheels I did because they can be simulated beadlocks or actual beadlocks. I suppose I could still go 35s as I have not bought tires yet. I wanted to go 37s but dont have the money to regear and likely wont for some time.

I would love to hear feedback from someone rolling with that kind of weight.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Absolutely not. Off road Evo, Rock Krawler, crawler Conceptz a s many others have beat the piss out of their JLUs at EJS on stock axles and gears in 40s and they are fine. The new 8spd does wonders for hwy driveability.

I ran 4.10s with 37s in my JKU 5spd auto and it was fine.
Keep telling yourself that buddy. smh

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I completely agree ... went from stock to 37s and couldn’t believe how fast it still was !!

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you for the reply. Yeah depending on the tires I go with I could be looking at 115 lbs combined so your setup is more ideal.

I bought the wheels I did because they can be simulated beadlocks or actual beadlocks. I suppose I could still go 35s as I have not bought tires yet. I wanted to go 37s but dont have the money to regear and likely wont for some time.

I would love to hear feedback from someone rolling with that kind of weight.
I have a stock JLUR 2.0 with aev borahs and nitto ridge grapplers 315/70/17. The wheels are about 34lbs and the tires are 71lbs.
Personally, I’m highly attentive to detail and I can notice and feel the heavier weight compared to stock. However, the vehicle is still maintains very good drive ability. Off the line it’s perfectly fine. I would say at freeway speeds, you’ll feel downshifts more often to maintain speed as you either accelerate to pass or the grade kicks up. Overall, I’m satisfied and would do it again. Had I not driven the stock tires for awhile, The 315s could still fall within the realm of a stock vehicle feel. I lost about 1 to 1.5mpg. If someday I went to 37s, I would make it a high priority to stick with something light, like a ko2 c rated. This is only because I prefer to maintain factory level performance.

F42B6D0C-CE3E-46F1-9359-71D3C655DBBD.jpeg

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Keep telling yourself that buddy. smh
You replied to his post from 3 full years ago, I'd say he's already either proven himself right or proven himself wrong by now. We've been on 37's and stock 4.10's wheeling all over the west coast for nearly 15k miles. Jeep still accelerates better than a stock jk and average about 16.5 mpg. On a long road trip where speeds are usually bumped up into the mid 80's it drops to 15mpg. Would it hold up to frequent rock bouncing? Absolutely not. Does it work well for rock crawling, desert wheeling, daily driving, and road trips? Absolutely.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Op specifically is asking about the 2.0,and you're in the 2.0 section. Lol.
Haha, 37's, 4.10 gears and an 8 spd. do not necessitate a gear swap with either motor was all I was saying.
Ironically you say I contributed nothing yet you... LOL No worries I deleted my post for you. Cheers !

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Same experience here.....

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Haha, 37's, 4.10 gears and an 8 spd. do not necessitate a gear swap with either motor was all I was saying.
Ironically you say I contributed nothing yet you... LOL No worries I deleted my post for you. Cheers !
I never said you contributed nothing. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit, people Like you!
Sponsored