Sponsored

2.0 not available on the Rubicon only 4xe Rubicon on new orders?

OP
OP
jack bauer

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Oh totally. It has everything I wanted/expected from the configuration. If I really want to sip gas, I can get 24.5-25 mpg on flat freeway by staying in the slow lane under 65. If I want to get on it, especially on mountain passes, the turbo does not disappoint and I never feel under powered. Took a trip in my wife's renegade the other day, which is actually a bigger engine (naturally aspirated) on a far lighter vehicle and immediately missed the wrangler's power. It doesn't have any extra stuff necessary for Etorque or 4xE or the extra weight that comes with either of those. The only add-on is all weather mats and proximity keyless.

Would buy it again in a heartbeat. It's my desire for my rig to be totally stock except for the rear seat removal and flat floor + the ursa minor top replacement. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

Despite the sort of trendy vibe towards overlanding that's happening these days, long-distance cross-state travel with as few paved roads as possible as been my interest for a very long time. Over the years and different Jeeps (2 TJ's and 1 LJ) used for this purpose, I've reached the point where I know I need to accept a certain level of complexity to have a current vehicle, but that doesn't mean I need to pile on more complexity with unnecessary mods or features from the factory. I never have the most aggressive looking Jeep at camp anymore, but I'm not fixing random things that came loose, or broke, or just plain didn't work harmoniously anymore, either. More time to drink beer, and the top gets enough looks and comments anyway. In this regard, I really hope we start to see electric and hybrids that can do what ICE can do, when simply configured, sooner than later.
Nice report.
How many miles on your 2.0 now?
Sponsored

Mattb2179

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I placed an order on July 14th for a JLUR 2.0T on the 14th and was told yesterday by the dealer that the 2.0T is not a option right now. Turns out my dealer never placed my order on the 14th because they did not have an allocation to place an order until yesterday. I don't understand this but I was told they are trying to back date my order with their Jeep Representative since I signed paperwork on the 14th. Currently waiting on Jeep to decide whether they will build it for me or not.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLR
My '21 JLR was manufactured on 03 August 21 and has the 2.0T engine. Right now whatever vehicles they have components (chips) for get shipped.

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I found this out last week. I'm really trying to decide whether to wait until next year top buy or not.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I found this out last week. I'm really trying to decide whether to wait until next year top buy or not.
MY22 order banks should open in the first week of October, so you may not have that much longer to wait. Right now they're probably just focused on filling out the MY21 with what they have. When the MY22 order banks open, we should see a full set of options again.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Ordered 2 dr 2.0 Rubicon on 9/7, dealer called yesterday saying ship date scheduled for 9/28.

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Can anyone else confirm this? Just had a dealer advise.
I ordered a 2.0 Rubicon beginning of August only for the dealer to call me a week later due to them getting a call from factory saying they were no longer making 2.0 Rubicon. The dealer said I could get a 3.6 but had to get the Recon Tire Package. I had been told by three other dealers that for the 3.6 Rubicon you had to get the Recon Tire Package. the bigger engine and tire package wasn’t in my budget so I ordered a Sahara Altitude instead. for my troubles made the dealer hook me up with skytouch roof. My Jeep came in a week ago and actually like the look of it better. But three days later she wouldn’t start and told it was alternator which is on back order with no ETA. There are nine other Jeeps in front of mine for alternators.

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
That 3.6 is like driving with a ticking time bomb under the hood. They should just kill it and go back to an inline 6. Over 20 years and Chrysler engineers still can't solve valve seats dropping.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
I ordered a Rubicon with the 2.0 on 9/11 and it went through just fine. I've got the VIN, VON, and an estimated ship date of 9/28. Though, I ordered a 2 door which may be why the 2.0 was an available option.
Sponsored