Sponsored

2.0 not available on the Rubicon only 4xe Rubicon on new orders?

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Can anyone else confirm this? Just had a dealer advise.
Sponsored

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
I also heard all 3.6 Rubicon's are Xtreme Recon only as well. Maybe that also has something to do with it. Glad I ordered my JLUR 2.0 when I did.

Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Am I missing something? You can still select 2.0 on a regular Rubicon when ordering a jeep online.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Am I missing something? You can still select 2.0 on a regular Rubicon when ordering a jeep online.
The online build tool is to build a Jeep and then find one on a lot near you, it doesn’t indicate what the dealer can order along with any restrictions.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The online build tool is to build a Jeep and then find one on a lot near you, it doesn’t indicate what the dealer can order along with any restrictions.
Gotcha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jack bauer

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Speaking with a dealer when you go to order is a different story.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I could see this being a temporary situation, again due to supply issues. They have a limited # of 2.0s and they want to use them to fill currentborders and new orders on higher profit vehicles like the 4Xe.

Plus the more 4Xes they can produce the more eco friendly they look and Im sure they get some sort of tax credit.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still digging it?
Oh totally. It has everything I wanted/expected from the configuration. If I really want to sip gas, I can get 24.5-25 mpg on flat freeway by staying in the slow lane under 65. If I want to get on it, especially on mountain passes, the turbo does not disappoint and I never feel under powered. Took a trip in my wife's renegade the other day, which is actually a bigger engine (naturally aspirated) on a far lighter vehicle and immediately missed the wrangler's power. It doesn't have any extra stuff necessary for Etorque or 4xE or the extra weight that comes with either of those. The only add-on is all weather mats and proximity keyless.

Would buy it again in a heartbeat. It's my desire for my rig to be totally stock except for the rear seat removal and flat floor + the ursa minor top replacement. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

Despite the sort of trendy vibe towards overlanding that's happening these days, long-distance cross-state travel with as few paved roads as possible as been my interest for a very long time. Over the years and different Jeeps (2 TJ's and 1 LJ) used for this purpose, I've reached the point where I know I need to accept a certain level of complexity to have a current vehicle, but that doesn't mean I need to pile on more complexity with unnecessary mods or features from the factory. I never have the most aggressive looking Jeep at camp anymore, but I'm not fixing random things that came loose, or broke, or just plain didn't work harmoniously anymore, either. More time to drink beer, and the top gets enough looks and comments anyway. In this regard, I really hope we start to see electric and hybrids that can do what ICE can do, when simply configured, sooner than later.
Sponsored

Last edited: