Sponsored

2.0 electric radiator fan comes on at what temperature?

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Does any one know what temp the fan comes on. Works fine with AC running but never hear it sitting at lights or traffic and seeing 219 degree's on the temp guage.
Sponsored

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Just came across your post
Here is what I discovered and what I am working on
This is how the cooling system works or not working
The thermostat opens at about 190 degrees
The cooling fans comes on at 1/4 speed at 221 and will only go fulls speed at 231 degrees
I have been trying to get control of the cooling system by adding a pusher fan on the condenser put this is what I found
Most cars including the jeep JK the condenser is mounted 1/4 to 1/2 in. from the radiator
On the Jeep JL the condenser is about 1 1/2 in. away from the radiator
I can get the pusher fan to shoot air though the condenser at 150 MPH put as soon as it hit the radiator the air blows out the large gaps between the condenser and radiator and NO air going through the radiator
Next step was to close the caps between the condenser and radiator to force the air through the radiator
So now with the gaps closed off I have about 15% of the air going through the radiator and the rest of the air is blowing back though the condenser and trans cooler
Two things wrong here. The gap between the condenser is to large and the radiator WILL NOT allow free flowing air to pass through it whether you are pushing air at 150 mph with a fan or diving down the road at 60 /70 mph and that is why you see a 40 to 50 degree swing in the coolant temps. You would thing driving down the road you are getting air passing through the radiator put you are getting very little to none until the fan kicks in and sucking the air through the radiator
I ordered a Mishimoto radiator (back ordered) it looks to have a more open core that will allow more free flowing air to pass through
I will install the Mishimoto and see how it goes
And NO. The radiator is not plugged in any way inside or out side. The jeep did this from day one . New in 2020
The Engineers got this one wrong