2” mopar vs 2.5” rough country suspension / spacer lift

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
So the shocks are not as good as the stock ones. Did your jeep ride rough with new shocks,I didn't care for the shock extenders. mine seems about the same and my wife drives it every day and she came from a loaded citadel. I figure i would hear about it ,if it was riding like shit.
Sponsored

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
8F411C6E-08D8-46BC-9084-39A89516F542.jpeg
Yes. True. But you’ll never notice a difference between the two. 99.9% of people on this forum won’t wear out the cheapest shock made due to off-roading, let alone a Fox.

To the OP, Spacer lifts are just that. Cheap, easy and good enough to do most any trails, anywhere. There is nothing wrong with them. They are a means to an end. Those that say different are the same peeps that run their Jeep up a ramp at the mall and then post pics about how their $3000 lift is so badass. The point is, if you like a stock ride and want bigger tires the spacer lifts are terrific. If you want to spend lots of coin then buy what you want. Nothing wrong with either choice. Just depends on how light you want your wallet to be.

Look at it this way. The RC lift will cost you 250 bucks. If you want Fox shocks, add 650. The Mopar lift doesn’t sound too bad when you add control arms and springs. That’s a good value. Now, if you just want a lift for bigger tires and some moderate wheeling (hell even heavy wheeling) just stick with the $250 lift.
I agree with OnlyOne. I have the RC 2.5’ spacer lift with shock extenders and barely notice any difference in ride quality from stock. I plan to add some nice bypass shocks once more options are out there. For light to moderate wheeling I see no reason to spend more.

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I am interested in lifting my JLU and appreciate the opinions and thoughts in this thread. I am not in a position to consider the Mopar lift kit at this time $$$ and was hoping one of the other suspension / spacer options are good enough to go with. I know my way around the garage to a degree, but admit I have never worked on any type of suspension before. Is this type of MOD recommended for the DIY'er ? I know sometimes its better to leave work for the pros. I also have access to a body shop with a lift.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I am interested in lifting my JLU and appreciate the opinions and thoughts in this thread. I am not in a position to consider the Mopar lift kit at this time $$$ and was hoping one of the other suspension / spacer options are good enough to go with. I know my way around the garage to a degree, but admit I have never worked on any type of suspension before. Is this type of MOD recommended for the DIY'er ? I know sometimes its better to leave work for the pros. I also have access to a body shop with a lift.
I installed the RC on my Rubi with no problems, and I’m no mechanic by any means.

That being said, I’ll be installing my spring lift alone as well. Pretty easy to work on with the proper tools.

Sponsored

Wojo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I put on the RC 2.5 lift and the ride and off road quality is fine. Here is a pic with 37” tires after the lift. No regrets.

993C4B32-4D3D-4EDB-BD32-595E54DF3D8D.jpeg
Nice wheel and tire combo! Are the wheels 20's? What kind of wheels and tires are those?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My advice is to hook up with a local Jeep club. Any Jeep club worth it's weight will have gearheads in it, and them boys love to turn wrenches. Have a wrench day at your shop/garage/driveway and get your learn on.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I just installed the RC spacer lift and it is trash. You get what you pay for. It will work for a while while I wait for a better lift from TeraFlex.

If you want to get a lift and keep it, pay for the Mopar. Don’t buy RC shocks or springs. Judging from the quality of their products, I imagine the stock shocks and springs are much better.
LOL you're the first person to say that. I have a feeling you aren't telling the truth.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Silver Billet, 2.5 RC lift, 37x12.5 R20, Fuel Coupler 20x9
Occupation
Retired
Nice wheel and tire combo! Are the wheels 20's? What kind of wheels and tires are those?
Yes, 20 inch Fuel Couplers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Silver Billet, 2.5 RC lift, 37x12.5 R20, Fuel Coupler 20x9
Occupation
Retired
And...37” 12.5 Cooper STT Pro. Great wheels and tires. The ride was uncompromised.

Sponsored

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I put on the RC 2.5 lift and the ride and off road quality is fine. Here is a pic with 37” tires after the lift. No regrets.

993C4B32-4D3D-4EDB-BD32-595E54DF3D8D.jpeg
I want to do the same RC lift with stock Rims for the JL sport and 35s. Will I need to do wheel spacer. I was hope not to.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I want to do the same RC lift with stock Rims for the JL sport and 35s. Will I need to do wheel spacer. I was hope not to.
Stock wheels you can rub with 35s, I have 1.75 on my stock Rubicon wheels. 3 inch lift.
20190602_140121.jpg

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
8F411C6E-08D8-46BC-9084-39A89516F542.jpeg

I agree with OnlyOne. I have the RC 2.5’ spacer lift with shock extenders and barely notice any difference in ride quality from stock. I plan to add some nice bypass shocks once more options are out there. For light to moderate wheeling I see no reason to spend more.
Are those stock tires or running larger?

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
Those look like 315-70-R17’s (35s) IMO

Correct: 315/70/R17’s. C rated

setup looks the same, but now running 2.5" rock Krawler springs, fox shocks, metal cloak control arms with drop brackets, Steer Smarts tie rods, draglink, and track bar. Ride is slightly better. Still very happy.
Sponsored