2” Mopar lift

Crisis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Rubicon unlimited
I’m kinda bummed out that I pay and get this kick ass lift but it is completely useless cuz they don’t extend the brake lines or abs wiring. So it’s a great kit if you don’t ever plan on hitting the sway bar disconnect button. And keep your Jeep on the pavement.
Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I’m kinda bummed out that I pay and get this kick ass lift but it is completely useless cuz they don’t extend the brake lines or abs wiring. So it’s a great kit if you don’t ever plan on hitting the sway bar disconnect button. And keep your Jeep on the pavement.
Curt,

Wow pretty astute observation. Until now (thanks) had never worried about it.

The good news is that I've been wheeling my Mopar Lifted on 35's, 2019 Sport S with the Teraflex Sway-Bar Quick Disconnects a lot. Likely 1.5 to 2K trail miles in the last year.

Nothing else to do because of all this covid insanity. Not much chance at catching it way up high on one of the really awesome mountain passes here in CO. It takes people (typically a crowd) to raise my pucker factor. Anywhere outside away from the rat race has been my happy place.

I have never had an issue. Not even a minor one. Just went and inspected (thanks again) and no sign of damage or stress of any nature. There looks like there's a loop length of the hydraulic and electrical wiring to be just shy of approximately a foot. However, that would be the extreme. I'm not sure if I've ever articulated my front suspension even close to that. Clearly not, since no (obvious) damage.

Realistically, I own a Sport S with open diffs so I don't look to bounce of the tallest boulders in a single bound. The "S" doesn't imply Superman. I typically shy away from the really extreme crap. But I don't bat an eye at some of the more difficult challenges either. So articulation is likely no more than 1/2 to 2/3 flex max. But I'm only guessing, never measured it. Another bonus however is the looping occurs about (not quite) halfway down the length of the axle. Haven't run the math, but it may be enough margin to allow full flex travel. I'd certainly rather watch some you-tubers channel than run a worst case experiment to find exactly where the margins are. I'll have to go find a rock I'd not normally back away from and check it all out (did I say thanks)?

However, I'm not the type to sit at home on the couch worrying about it when I could be out somewhere in the Colorado wilderness either. My happy place is not inside my man-cave lounging in front of the big-screen, as much as my occasional appearance there may otherwise suggest.

But repairing a busted brake line or snapped wiring harness on trail would certainly not be my idea of a good hair day.

Thanks for now making me double think about disconnecting the sway-bars. The benefits may still outweigh the worry, especially with the open diffs. Good Ground Gripping (GGG) contact traction is always in my Jeeping vocabulary.

You're forum name is most appropriate.
Thank you so very much...

[Edit]
Sorry, sorry sorry...
Just now realized how old of post this is.

Jay