First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Although the overwhelming consensus on here is to put 35” wheels on when you’re adding a 2” lift, I decided to go for 33” To prevent unnecessary wear and tear/possible warranty issues on my new Sport.

I am still very much interested in still adding the 2” Mopar lift but not sure of what it will look like with the smaller tires.

If anyone is running that setup please post pics and give your opinion!

Here’s a pic from Extreme Off-road. Let me know what you think

upload_2019-2-6_18-24-6.png
Sponsored

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Systems Engineer - Manager
Although the overwhelming consensus on here is to put 35” wheels on when you’re adding a 2” lift, I decided to go for 33” To prevent unnecessary wear and tear/possible warranty issues on my new Sport.

I am still very much interested in still adding the 2” Mopar lift but not sure of what it will look like with the smaller tires.

I have the Mopar 2" lift w/FOX shocks and BFG KO2 33s on my Sport S and couldn't be happier. Had everything dealer installed in October. Ride quality is great and crazy capable off-road. I went with 33s for the same reasons as you, and didn't want to modify or upgrade all the things necessary when going 35+. Check out my Google Photos link here to show you exactly what it will look like on your Sport, as the XT product page shows a Rubi, which is already higher than a Sport and has higher fender flares as well. People have offered varying opinions to my setup, many stating the tires are too small, but I feel it looks and rides perfect. If the vehicle is not on perfectly flat ground, the FOX shocks will show significant flex, so the rear wheel wells sometimes look a tad empty. Enjoy... https://photos.app.goo.gl/rWCXUqN5s42uVMEx8

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

Here is a thread I started. It may help you in your decision making.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/looking-for-pics-of-2-mopar-lift-with-33s.11841/

edwards9298

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Wrangler
I have the Mopar 2" lift w/FOX shocks and BFG KO2 33s on my Sport S and couldn't be happier. Had everything dealer installed in October. Ride quality is great and crazy capable off-road. I went with 33s for the same reasons as you, and didn't want to modify or upgrade all the things necessary when going 35+. Check out my Google Photos link here to show you exactly what it will look like on your Sport, as the XT product page shows a Rubi, which is already higher than a Sport and has higher fender flares as well. People have offered varying opinions to my setup, many stating the tires are too small, but I feel it looks and rides perfect. If the vehicle is not on perfectly flat ground, the FOX shocks will show significant flex, so the rear wheel wells sometimes look a tad empty. Enjoy... https://photos.app.goo.gl/rWCXUqN5s42uVMEx8
Brandon
What did you like about the Mopar lift? And what’s the reason for going to 35’s? Also what did you get with mileage with both setups?
I bought a 2019 JL and do this setup?

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Brandon
What did you like about the Mopar lift? And what’s the reason for going to 35’s? Also what did you get with mileage with both setups?
I bought a 2019 JL and do this setup?
Hey Larry. The Mopar lift was designed specifically for the new JL to perform incredible feats off- road as well as maintain the fantastic on-road feel and handling. It lives up to the hype, and pricetag. Way more than a lot of competition, but designed with Mopar engineering.
The 35s were necessary with the Mopar lift to begin with, but I didn't find too much feedback prior to buying the 33s and having installed. Anyone will tell you the Mopar 2" is actually 3.5-4". I got 4" exactly all around. Did before/after measurements.
I'm getting about 3mpg better with the 35s. I was shocked. I have the 8-spd auto and low gear handles them easily and I see 7th and 8th a lot more frequently. Good stuff!
I have a new front bumper and winch arriving tomorrow. Beyond stoked. RedRock 4x4 Stubby HD prerunner and Smittybilt Gen2 X20 w/synth. Joined a club. Living the dream.

IMG_20190318_141715.jpg

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Larry. The Mopar lift was designed specifically for the new JL to perform incredible feats off- road as well as maintain the fantastic on-road feel and handling. It lives up to the hype, and pricetag. Way more than a lot of competition, but designed with Mopar engineering.
The 35s were necessary with the Mopar lift to begin with, but I didn't find too much feedback prior to buying the 33s and having installed. Anyone will tell you the Mopar 2" is actually 3.5-4". I got 4" exactly all around. Did before/after measurements.
I'm getting about 3mpg better with the 35s. I was shocked. I have the 8-spd auto and low gear handles them easily and I see 7th and 8th a lot more frequently. Good stuff!
I have a new front bumper and winch arriving tomorrow. Beyond stoked. RedRock 4x4 Stubby HD prerunner and Smittybilt Gen2 X20 w/synth. Joined a club. Living the dream.

IMG_20190318_141715.jpg
Rig looks very good, but im having a hard time understanding how your power and fuel milage got better, my fuel mileage didnt get “better” till i regeared and recalibrated for my 35s. But its worse than stock. I was averaging 20+ with no lift and stock tires. Now im around 17-18. Also just a heads up since it lifted it so much higher track bars start to become needed and a means to adjust caster. Glad youre havin a great time, im enjoying the hell outta mine too!

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rig looks very good, but im having a hard time understanding how your power and fuel milage got better, my fuel mileage didnt get “better” till i regeared and recalibrated for my 35s. But its worse than stock. I was averaging 20+ with no lift and stock tires. Now im around 17-18. Also just a heads up since it lifted it so much higher track bars start to become needed and a means to adjust caster. Glad youre havin a great time, im enjoying the hell outta mine too!
I don't understand it either, but it's true. I was averaging about 15mpg, even bone stock with all the stupid plastic pieces on. I don't often put my foot to the floor either. I do have an aFe POWER Cold Air Intake, which would explain how my power is exceptional, especially paired with the 8-spd auto but I've never even come close to 20mpg. As for the track bar, that's still out for debate, as I have no known caster issues. I've read all the articles and forums regarding this.
Everything was dealer installed, and aligned so I'd say if there was a need for a track bar, they would have definitely tried to sell me one. But I'll keep my eyes out for any issues, and thanks for the compliment. I joined a club recently, first run tomorrow am!

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL 2” Mopar Lift with 33” on Sport Resized_20201117_173604
You still running this setup? Is that a sport model you have there? I was told if I run 35s on my sport JLUS v6 8 speed I need to regear?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

heres a pic of my sport on a 2.5" lift with 33's.. note this is fully loaded down with 4 days worth of gear and extra fuel. i also have HD springs for the extra weight. also attached the stock 1 week old pic

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_9923.JPG

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever go to 35s or still running on 33's?

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glad you asked. I went from 33s to 34s finally to 35s. The 34s were an accident, thinking they were 35s. Do NOT get the metric version of tires. Always use inches for these things. a 315/70R75 is classified as a 35 on websites but they are not even 34". I am running 35x12.5x17 BFG KM3s on FUEL Beast wheels now. Since last November. Here's my Jeep album from Google Photos. You will see when the 33s were mounted with the lift, then after that you will see the changes and the pics are current as of this past Saturday when you get to the end. https://photos.app.goo.gl/hrbN7wDiMSQAaazi8

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_6396.JPG

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s

Nick,

I did go with the Mopar Lift, no trackbars or any other customized adjustments on my 2019 Sport S 2 door. Just the standard lift kit dealership installed. Drives great. Couldn't be any happier, really makes the Jeep so much better in so many ways. If you invest in it no matter which rubber you decide to go with, you'll be happy

However, and I apologize for departing from your vision but I did decide to go with 35's vs the 33's for the primary reason of additional clearance. However, 33's (and the lift) will certainly be more than way better than stock. Choose some good rubber and you won't regret the investment in added capability.

Living in Colorado, my desire was to be able to go to just about anywhere in this state (or elsewhere for that matter) I care to point. 35s would give me that little extra bit of off-road clearance. Granted aired down this extra height is somewhat minimized, but it's the 12.5" footprint and grip that really matters. Aired down 33's and you're only much closer to stock.

You're statement about wear and tear and warranty issues is also a little off. The dealership also installed my Goodyear Duratrac All-Terrain 35x12.5x17s mated on Fuel Ammo 17x9" wheels. I asked a boatload of questions on the subject. Essentially, as long as it was installed by the dealer there would be no issue with the warranty. They are after all competing (and capitalizing) in the after-market space as well. They certainly use the warranty hype to their advantage.

My experience is that with the ZF8 automatic, even with the stock 3.45 differential gearing, it handles the additional circumference tires almost as if it was designed for it. I have had zero issues running on 35's. Even the complaint about losing 8th on the highway is wrong. Simply manually selecting 8th via Autostick where appropriate has 'taught' my transmission to do the same. It now selects 8th quite regularly. If it doesn't, I just coax it there regardless.

Anyway, sorry to hijack what you were looking for. But since you are soliciting opinions, I'd give you at least something to compare and contrast. Maybe this will solidify your vision of 33's all along. I however am not regretting anything about running 35's. Just about the best setup possible (for me). Enjoy your own decisions no matter what schmuck (including me) offers otherwise. You're choice is what counts.

Happy Jeeping,
Jay

IMG_20200605_180738.jpg

IMG_20200605_180828.jpg

IMG_20200605_180803.jpg

IMG_20200605_180916.jpg

IMG_20200605_180858.jpg

IMG_20200605_180947.jpg

IMG_20200901_113043.jpg

InShot_20200915_223133135.jpg

Daily Jeeper

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL 2” Mopar Lift with 33” on Sport 7BA72E94-6B2C-48A3-8800-19AD342FF288

I just had a MOPAR lift installed this week on my wife’s 2019 JLU. Running 33” BFG AT. VERY happy with look and ride quality. Actually think it’s better than stock in that it’s not a rough over minor bumps. Old setup was somewhat jarring and this is not at all. Very happy so far and no spring issues.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL 2” Mopar Lift with 33” on Sport 7BA72E94-6B2C-48A3-8800-19AD342FF288

33's with Mopar 2" lift. Lifted way over 2"

Jeep Norton 2.jpg

jeep Norton.jpg
Sponsored