Sponsored

2” Mopar Lift on stock 33” and loving it.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some different angles breaking in the fox shocks on some rock.

When I put on the warn bumper and winch I got some rake in the front and had to get rid of it so went with the Mopar 2” lift since they resolved the Bowing. It came with the new piece and the coils are as straight as an arrow.

7861B70C-A617-48A4-8ECA-F92894DC5297.jpeg

E879CF5C-C0BA-4E69-96AC-F6E1C1FF325A.jpeg

0451D03C-0941-4921-B56F-F09C9BE0446D.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Take off rubicon available for purchase in The Dalles Oregon for two days then Yakima WA after that.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
To each their own, never enjoyed the look myself. But enjoy it man that’s the glory of owning a Jeep and making it your own

6F4907DD-A362-4D83-B963-E31C103BE748.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nope those are most likely the 32" BFG tires that came on the JK...
Dang. Well it’s probablh because I love my Jeep too much to notice. At least I never have to worry about rub.

Reactions: aai

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
@OUTDOORTREE, I may be in the minority but I think your Rubi looks pretty good with the stock BFG TA KO2s. I've been on the fence about stepping up to 35s but after seeing pics of your Jeep, I think I'm going to stick with my 33s and see what it looks like lifted before investing in 35s. I like the idea of not having to shell out more money for 35s plus the extra wear and tear 35s might add to the suspension components over time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@OUTDOORTREE, I may be in the minority but I think your Rubi looks pretty good with the stock BFG TA KO2s. I've been on the fence about stepping up to 35s but after seeing pics of your Jeep, I think I'm going to stick with my 33s and see what it looks like lifted before investing in 35s. I like the idea of not having to shell out more money for 35s plus the extra wear and tear 35s might add to the suspension components over time.
I fee the same. I am 80% concerned with performance and 20% looks. I think the extra inch of axel clearance is not something I need performance wise as I off road on weekends and never scrap my axel. Plus, as is, I get tons of compliments and I think it looks great. At 30-40k miles when I need new tires I might reevaluate and see what peoples thoughts are about 35's after running them for a couple years.

Plus a couple years ago rubicons came with 31's and the cool thing to do was go to 33's and people were having issues with gearing and such. I am more interested in trying the KM3's in 33 when the time comes for new tires.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I like it! Seems as if just in fashion things are on cycles. Its so cool to stuff as much tire under your fender as you can right now. Whats wrong with a little air under there and some suspension travel? I too remember the days when people were drooling over 33's, now they are easily available and they aren't good enough?

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Adding a Mopar 2" lift and stock tires, is a temporary solution. I'd bet 10 to 1, most will add bigger tires. I want the extra inch of ground clearance from running 35" tires and a 1-1.5" lift, not the "really" 3" Mopar lift, looks funny even with35" tires.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Adding a Mopar 2" lift and stock tires, is a temporary solution. I'd bet 10 to 1, most will add bigger tires. I want the extra inch of ground clearance from running 35" tires and a 1-1.5" lift, not the "really" 3" Mopar lift, looks funny even with35" tires.
I think you would be hard pressed to get full articulation without rubbing with 35's and a 1-1.5" lift. With my mopar lift - which I got for the shocks and approach and departure angles - and 33's I have no rub with full articulation but it is still close.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! Seems as if just in fashion things are on cycles. Its so cool to stuff as much tire under your fender as you can right now. Whats wrong with a little air under there and some suspension travel? I too remember the days when people were drooling over 33's, now they are easily available and they aren't good enough?
The guy who posted the picture of the white jeep goes around the forum posting that picture a lot - I don't know why, different Jeep, different tires, and not even his Jeep - must work for the 35" tire lobby
Sponsored