Sponsored

2” Mopar Lift on stock 33” and loving it.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I think you would be hard pressed to get full articulation without rubbing with 35's and a 1-1.5" lift. With my mopar lift - which I got for the shocks and approach and departure angles - and 33's I have no rub with full articulation but it is still close.
I've been running 35's on the stock suspension with Mopar beadlocks for the last 4000 miles. They don't rub at any time. At full flex, the rear comes within about 1/4" to rubbing the rear inside fender but it never makes contact. I installed the Mopar lift tonight and ditching the 35's for 38's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running 35's on the stock suspension with Mopar beadlocks for the last 4000 miles. They don't rub at any time. At full flex, the rear comes within about 1/4" to rubbing the rear inside fender but it never makes contact. I installed the Mopar lift tonight and ditching the 35's for 38's.
In a parking lot maybe. But I have heard it’s different in real life off roading.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
In a parking lot maybe. But I have heard it’s different in real life off roading.
Whoever you have been talking to is an idiot. I've wheeled it twice now for about a half day each at Bridgeport OHV park. No rubbing anywhere. I've been disconnected and at one point or another have had it flexed enough that every corner has been in the air. No rub. Comes within 1/4" inch, but it doesn't make contact. Just playing around in a construction area to test things, I can't find anywhere to flex the front enough to even come close to making contact. It's obvious the fronts are never going to rub. The rear though looks like it might, but it doesn't. Definitely close, but there isn't a mark on my inner fenders.

Shot of the rear with a 35 stuffed...
33894446_10216714633638700_2847014411837636608_o%20%281%29-XL.jpg

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever you have been talking to is an idiot. I've wheeled it twice now for about a half day each at Bridgeport OHV park. No rubbing anywhere. I've been disconnected and at one point or another have had it flexed enough that every corner has been in the air. No rub. Comes within 1/4" inch, but it doesn't make contact. Just playing around in a construction area to test things, I can't find anywhere to flex the front enough to even come close to making contact. It's obvious the fronts are never going to rub. The rear though looks like it might, but it doesn't. Definitely close, but there isn't a mark on my inner fenders.

Shot of the rear with a 35 stuffed...
33894446_10216714633638700_2847014411837636608_o%20%281%29-XL.jpg
Good to know. Once I wore down my 33's I went with 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers - real life measurements is 33.5 though.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’ve debated on a lift for a bit of a better breakover angle but I’m not sure I care enough to pay for bigger tires and the mileage hit they will take on day to day driving. Mine will be a weekend toy but a daily driver on the week.

I’ve wondered if a mopar lift on 33s will be much of a gas mileage hit. Also wondered if a full aluminum under body skid would help aerodynamics enough to help gas mileage.

Maybe I’ll experiment when I get mine starting stock. Check mileage. Then put in the belly pan and see if mileage improves. If it does then maybe lift. But I don’t think I’d up the tires. Looks fine to me.
Sponsored