1up cargo carrier bike rack

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Depends on your spare tire and how it's mounted. I have a 2" hi-low extension as well as a straight 7" extension.

If you have the spare tire relocation kit which raises the spare about a couple of inches, you can use the straight 7" extension even with the stock 285/70r17. Otherwise, I'd recommend getting a 2" hi-low extension and anti-wobble/rattle accessory.

If it's the stock Rubi wheels and tires and a straight 7" extension, the spare tire will rub against the inner mount, but the tailgate will clear it.

mR_fUsIoN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude Unlimited
just joined the forum. On my new JL I was dealing with bike rack selection. So just a heads up...you can call 1up and they actually have a "reverse plate" setup. Not listed on their site but, they can configure if you call. I just ordered the bike setup and should clear the stock spare with an extension.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 1up but I needed to use an extension with a drop in order to open the rear door with my 37" tire.

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
Thanks for the response guys. A question I have for you guys are you all specifically talking about the bike rack only or are you talking about the cargo basket bike rack combo?

Sponsored

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I suspect you'll still need an 7" extension to clear the spare if you plan on putting an ice chest. As for getting the additional bike rack attachment you should have clearance as it attaches at the end of the cargo rack.

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
1up sells a reverse plate option that makes it have much better clearance for the swinggate. They dont advertise it online but if you call they offer it. I am looking to buy one but need a bit more time to pull the trigger. They are almost 700 bucks by the time you add in the reverse plate option :(.
Sponsored