Sponsored

1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL!

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Wanting to order the 1up 2” super duty single (and two add-ons for kid bikes when needed).
Without the reverse plates, what are the limitations for stock rubicon without tire relocation or without hinge bracket upgrade that might raise the spare?
Is the empty rack able to fold straight up?
With the loaded rack folded down, can the tailgate be opened at all or only when no bike loaded?
Just wondering if I should order without the reverse plates at first and then add them if needed. Thank you!
My rack with reverse plate and extended hitch barely clears a sport spare tire and the tailgate when the rack is down. I don't think you will be able to clear either without the reverse plates or some adapter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
looking at this photo, it looks like it would clear without the reverse plates.[/QUOTE
Did you look at my other photos? The top rack clears the tire by about a quarter inch at the angle it sits at with reverse plate and the bottom rack is underneath the tire. The normal config folds to a full vertical position so it would definitely run into the tire. I suggest going to 1ups site and looking at tge dimensioned sketches of the rack and comparing with your jeep. Thats the best way to see how it will sit.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Of course I did. And it answers the question about folded empty position, but not about loaded or dropped empty.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Also, the curt hitch is awesome. Its really well made, made in usa, and has great hardware for only 80 bucks. I am really happy I didnt cheap out and buy one from amazon or quadratec that are made in china.
Curt MFG is just a few miles from where I live.

Sponsored

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 2019 JLUR with the stock KO2 spare tire and OEM steel bumpers and OEM tow hitch package. So I assume I will need an extension/adapter for my tow hitch in order for this to clear my spare tire, correct? Thanks a bunch. This looks like a really great rack

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I have a 2019 JLUR with the stock KO2 spare tire and OEM steel bumpers and OEM tow hitch package. So I assume I will need an extension/adapter for my tow hitch in order for this to clear my spare tire, correct? Thanks a bunch. This looks like a really great rack

No, you won't. That was a part of the reason I bought this rack. You will have to fold it down to access the cargo area, but that's pretty typical.

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
No, you won't. That was a part of the reason I bought this rack. You will have to fold it down to access the cargo area, but that's pretty typical.
I would definitely measure and get the dimensioned layouts from 1up. I think you will clear with the reverse plate option i got. But I am almost certain the tire will not clear the standard rack when you open the tailgate.

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I would definitely measure and get the dimensioned layouts from 1up. I think you will clear with the reverse plate option i got. But I am almost certain the tire will not clear the standard rack when you open the tailgate.
This is all assuming a factory height hitch and no adaptor. I hated the idea of an adapter. One more lock and thing to rattle (the 1up rack tightens to the hitch so zero rattle)

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
This is all assuming a factory height hitch and no adaptor. I hated the idea of an adapter. One more lock and thing to rattle (the 1up rack tightens to the hitch so zero rattle)
Mine fit fine without adapters or the reverse plate with factory hitch. ‍♂

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Nope. Works perfectly with the stock rubicon stuff.
Jeep Wrangler JL 1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL! 3ADA19B3-E088-4F3D-847E-B8C213A7A4D9
Jeep Wrangler JL 1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL! 840DBDB7-C8C3-418E-A833-9914875A0C77
Jeep Wrangler JL 1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL! 6E0A1D6E-639F-4DAE-902E-F6694E34CDBE
Jeep Wrangler JL 1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL! A0869C7A-E079-48FC-A074-9B3D6494F4AB

I did also order a kuat hi-lo adapter for when I swap wheels/tires. But it’s not needed now.

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Nope. Works perfectly with the stock rubicon stuff.
Jeep Wrangler JL 1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL! A0869C7A-E079-48FC-A074-9B3D6494F4AB

I did also order a kuat hi-lo adapter for when I swap wheels/tires. But it’s not needed now.
Maybe its because I have a sport? The reverse plate option drops it something like 4” and I have barely an inch of clearance to the tire. I just know everyone has a different bumper/tire/hitch setup and 1up will give you dimensioned drawings so why not measure and get exactly what you want before spending a lot of money on a bike rack.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Maybe its because I have a sport? The reverse plate option drops it something like 4” and I have barely an inch of clearance to the tire. I just know everyone has a different bumper/tire/hitch setup and 1up will give you dimensioned drawings so why not measure and get exactly what you want before spending a lot of money on a bike rack.
You’re saying yours doesn’t fit? With a sport? That’s really odd.
I did take their drawings and model it in 3D and mounted it to a 3d model of a Jeep before I ordered to make sure I wouldn’t need the reverse plates. But I’m a little crazy.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I wonder if the sports have the spare mounted lower because of the smaller tire, but actually I’m not sure the stock carrier is even adjustable that way.
Sponsored