Sponsored

1up Bike Rack with Reverse Side Plate Option is Perfect for JL!

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Rockymounts Backstage that swings out like the Rack Attach on my JK. Does it block the camera at all?
Doesn't block the camera other than having a bike in the way.
Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Pretty much exactly 12” on a sport with stock 32” tires. I should also mention I am using the curt jl hitch which is perfect for this since its a bit longer than others. The rack is slid in all the way so that gives it plenty of adjustability for people with a little wider spare on the tailgate.

Ok, I searched 1-Up's site and cannot find reverse side plates anywhere. Did you have to call or what?

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, I searched 1-Up's site and cannot find reverse side plates anywhere. Did you have to call or what?
Sorry it wasnt clear, when I said they dont advertise it I should have said they do everything they can to avoid selling it :). You have to call to buy it. They will email you dimensioned pictures of the rack. They also send a link to a generic item where you enter the price and then say what you are paying for. Its 65 bucks for the reverse plate option. They had one in stock when I ordered so it shipped same day.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Sorry it wasnt clear, when I said they dont advertise it I should have said they do everything they can to avoid selling it :). You have to call to buy it. They will email you dimensioned pictures of the rack. They also send a link to a generic item where you enter the price and then say what you are paying for. Its 65 bucks for the reverse plate option. They had one in stock when I ordered so it shipped same day.
Thank you. My set up works well, but I may look further into this.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone have a cheap hitch rack that clears the rear tire on its own without an extender?

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a cheap hitch rack that clears the rear tire on its own without an extender?
i do it is a XSport, it is not on my Jeep at the moment but I will have it on tomorrow for pics you want them.

It holds 3 bikes and hold them by hanging style. It does fold down to access the back of jeep but far enough to swing tailgate all the way open. I bought it for my Xterra which it worked perfectly on.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I called and received the link yesterday, it has already shipped, and I'll be in receipt this Saturday. Thank you for info!

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I called and received the link yesterday, it has already shipped, and I'll be in receipt this Saturday. Thank you for info!
how much were the reverse plates? Just wondering if I got screwed out of a few bucks by not buying the separately and swapping out a couple bolts.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
After looking at my setup, I don't think the reverse plate will work and clear my 37" tire with a bike on it without the drop hitch which I was hoping to get rid of.. I might have waisted $65

IMG_3391.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
$65, how much was it to have them do it?
I've had mine for several years
Well thats frustrating. I guess I just threw 30 bucks away. It was $65 bucks for the reverse plate option but they dont supply the normal side plates. I just bought them for an extra 30 bucks.

OP
OP
greenvillebigwheels

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
After looking at my setup, I don't think the reverse plate will work and clear my 37" tire with a bike on it without the drop hitch which I was hoping to get rid of.. I might have waisted $65

IMG_3391.jpg
how much closer to your spare can you go?

looks like might fit. My hitch is lower so the pedal tucks under the tire. I attached the fitment doc 1up sent me.

Attachments

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Wanting to order the 1up 2” super duty single (and two add-ons for kid bikes when needed).
Without the reverse plates, what are the limitations for stock rubicon without tire relocation or without hinge bracket upgrade that might raise the spare?
Is the empty rack able to fold straight up?
With the loaded rack folded down, can the tailgate be opened at all or only when no bike loaded?
Just wondering if I should order without the reverse plates at first and then add them if needed. Thank you!
Sponsored