Sponsored

1st thing you would add to JLUR to improve offroad performance

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Me behind the wheel :giggle::jk:

I wouldn't really need anything to improve off-road performance. I'd just do what I always do- Front axle C gussets & make sure the undercarriage and rockers have proper armor/protection.
This! Armor, new and more beefy rock rails and skid plate underneath.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Matty

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubicon (ordered)
Yeah, for having such a big mouth, he sure got quiet real quick.
New to the site, but have been working on mall crawlers to sell after buying them base. Getting the new JL as "our" Jeep. Ordered a Ocean Blue Rubicon, but from seeing it in person and the pictures, does anyone know the height difference in the JK and the JL. I could always get a 4 inch lift in the garage with the JK, not sure about the JL. Thoughts?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
New to the site, but have been working on mall crawlers to sell after buying them base. Getting the new JL as "our" Jeep. Ordered a Ocean Blue Rubicon, but from seeing it in person and the pictures, does anyone know the height difference in the JK and the JL. I could always get a 4 inch lift in the garage with the JK, not sure about the JL. Thoughts?
That depends on not only the lift, but the tires as well. Plus the height of your garage door. There are too many factors to give you a solid answer. But the JL Rubicon does stand slightly taller than a JK stock.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
After wheeling a lot in Moab, most trails are accomplished with 35's (up through 6 with ease). I will likely still run 37's, but don't think I will go larger than 37's -- probably will do a long arm kit with 2" of lift.

And re: serious offroader comment, he's correct -- you would be in a full buggy/ultra4 vehicle and wouldn't be buying a JL in the first place :crying::facepalm::giggle:

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Seems like tires and lift are the winners, but if you could only do one which would you get? I have a JLUR, so 35 will rub a little without a lift.
Get the 35's and just don't touch that sway bar disconnect button until you can get the lift.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
And re: serious offroader comment, he's correct -- you would be in a full buggy/ultra4 vehicle and wouldn't be buying a JL in the first place :crying::facepalm::giggle:
Nonsense. You can tackle some serious terrain and do some insane wheeling in a Suzuki if you've got the skill.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Nonsense. You can tackle some serious terrain and do some insane wheeling in a Suzuki if you've got the skill.
Exactly.

Matty

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubicon (ordered)
That depends on not only the lift, but the tires as well. Plus the height of your garage door. There are too many factors to give you a solid answer. But the JL Rubicon does stand slightly taller than a JK stock.
Thanks. I usually run 37's and have about 2 inches of clearance on the standard garage door, which I believe is 84 inches. I might just have to wait to order everything until I get it home and measure the variance. Thanks for the info.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What would be the first accessory a JLUR to improve offroad performance?
have FCA put it in the hands of those who ordered it?

To your tagline OP, one must take possession of said vehicle to perfect it, agreed?
Sponsored