1st Jeep - how do you shut the radio??

KimF

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hello all. I gave up my 2 wheel Harley days and purchased my first Jeep. I have a 2018 2 door sport. For the life of me and I can’t figure out how to turn off the radio? Found nothing in the manual. Can someone advise me please?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hello all. I gave up my 2 wheel Harley days and purchased my first Jeep. I have a 2018 2 door sport. For the life of me and I can’t figure out how to turn off the radio? Found nothing in the manual. Can someone advise me please?
5 Inch Radio = Left Volume Knob is also Power Button

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st Jeep - how do you shut the radio?? 2019-jeep-5-uaa.jpg.image.1000

OP
OP

KimF

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
5 Inch Radio = Left Volume Knob is also Power Button
No volume knob. It’s on the steering wheel. I’ve just been turning it all the way down but that doesn’t seem right to me.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No volume knob. It’s on the steering wheel. I’ve just been turning it all the way down but that doesn’t seem right to me.
What radio do you have?

It sounds like your radio may have been upgraded. If you have no volume knob, you have no way to power the radio off.

You can purchase the upgraded climate control cluster kit that will give you a volume/power knob along with the upgraded climate controls. You won't get true dual zone though.

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...ac-climate-control-kit?variant=11963876802596

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
for the 7" and 8" radio the power button/volume knob is located on the left side of the climate control buttons near the engine start button
Sponsored