First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon EcoDiesel | 2019 JL Unlimited
Occupation
Parts Manager
Still waiting on my lift kit to be scheduled for installation. Figured why not. Let's hit a trail up and get a badge.

Aired to 30PSI if I needed to go lower I would have. 10 Ply load range E KM3's. Never touched the skid plate or rails. Tires never rubbed however it was close. Stock suspension with 35" tires and I could not fit under the tree like I have seen others do.
We all had fun!

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-BOH

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-1
Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-2

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-3

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-5

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-6

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-7

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-8

Jeep Wrangler JL 1st BoH completed and sumitted - First time off the road with the JLURD CT13-4
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
That looks like a fun trail, looks like the family had a good time too!

Just throwing this out there in case you didn’t know, airing down isn’t all about improving traction. Supposedly it reduces wear in the trail but it absolutely makes the ride more comfortable.

Anyhoo, nice looking Jeep and I llove the sound of the diesel. Thanks for sharing!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I too enjoyed running the Cedar Tree trail. Fun fun fun. Not overly challenging, but nice views and the nice trails through the woods. Perfect mix of things to see and easy on the Jeep.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Congratulations on your rig and run!

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I will be running both the BOH trails on July 11-13 if anyone wants to join in

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I too enjoyed running the Cedar Tree trail. Fun fun fun. Not overly challenging, but nice views and the nice trails through the woods. Perfect mix of things to see and easy on the Jeep.
Ted, Your a long way from home. Are you still in the PNW?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

im currently planning a trip to Oregon to hit this trail and stop and show my daughter the plateau her great grandparents live on out in Medford . maybe stop at Crater Lake if we have time. great video and pictures

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Happy you were able to get out and use your Jeep! Look into buying an air compressor to be able to air back up when you are done. Also I'd suggest airing down further. A good range is 15-18 PSI for off-road. It will allow more grip and a much more comfortable ride for you on any rocky terrain. I run 16 when I'm out and 30 on the road.

OP
OP
-RotorDemon-

-RotorDemon-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Parts Manager
First time out with a vehicle on trails. I’ve only done light off-roading with my Ram and thought that was moderate. This opens up a whole new level of fun. Taking your time slow driving and figuring out what obstacles to go over or around also just plain enjoying the outdoors where not many vehicles can travel.

Thanks for the advise on going lower with the tire pressure. I did pick up from harbor freight a 1.5cfm 150psi compressor. Just getting the tires back up to pressure took about 10-15 minutes and that sucker got HOT. I’ll be looking into a dual viair that I can mount onboard with the diy kraken hose system.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted, Your a long way from home. Are you still in the PNW?
I was in Canada about 350 miles north of the Washington /Canadian border and got a call from my son and was told he is being deployed again. So we turned around and headed home. He just got back from deployment in April. We have not seen him in about 14 months and if we did not come back, it would be late summer early fall next year before we would be able to see him. So we hustled home and will head to Ft. Bragg next week.

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
First time out with a vehicle on trails. I’ve only done light off-roading with my Ram and thought that was moderate. This opens up a whole new level of fun. Taking your time slow driving and figuring out what obstacles to go over or around also just plain enjoying the outdoors where not many vehicles can travel.

Thanks for the advise on going lower with the tire pressure. I did pick up from harbor freight a 1.5cfm 150psi compressor. Just getting the tires back up to pressure took about 10-15 minutes and that sucker got HOT. I’ll be looking into a dual viair that I can mount onboard with the diy kraken hose system.
The ride will be so much nicer airing then down more, 30psi is what I run on the road to get a full contact patch. Also congrats!

OP
OP
-RotorDemon-

-RotorDemon-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Parts Manager
Wife and I might be up there tomorrow. I ran Cedar tree with the family and she wants to take her JLUS up and get her badge. I'm sure she will do fine running on BFG AT KO2's from my Rubicon. So if you run into us (Sarge Green and Bright White JLURD & JLUS) we will be taking it slow. FRS radios on channel 1 that channel is clear.

If not we will be on FRS 3 or GMRS 1

Edit: If all goes well. I will be doing Firebreak 5 and not sure if she will due to ground clearance and stock running boards.
Sponsored