• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

California 1980 CJ-5 Restored & CA Compliant

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL 1980 CJ-5 Restored & CA Compliant Front 1.JPG

Please see many more photos and info in my auction listing at: 1980 Jeep CJ5 4x4 SUV in Menifee, California, United States (IronPlanet Item #4727104)

Excellent, third-owner Jeep. Mostly original, with no off-road use and zero rust. Recent frame-on restoration with new paint and interior Rhino Lining. I purchased/rescued this CJ-5 from New Orleans in 2005 before Hurricane Katrina flooded the city. When I returned after the storm, her former parking spot was well under water, and no way she would have survived if left in place. She was mostly stock and in about 75% cosmetic/operational condition when I purchased her, and was my daily driver for more than 5 years. After a recent frame-on restoration, she's rust-free, much closer to stock configuration, and CA compliant with Howell EFI. Over $50K invested in mechanical restoration, including:

-New Jasper remanufactured AMC inline 6-cylinder, 4.2L engine (with 2,476 miles) and Howell EFI conversion. Passed California smog inspection.
-Rebuilt/re-sealed transmission.
-New Flowmaster muffler, catalytic converter, and tail pipe.
-Upgraded steering shaft and steering box brace.
-New steering box.
-New American Racing rims and Mickey Thompson tires.
-New front/rear heavy-duty suspension, shocks, and steering stabilizer.
-New brake components.
-Rebuilt rear differential.
-All fluids flushed and refilled.
-New, heavy-duty spare tire carrier and matching, full-size spare tire.
-New, heavy-duty rear bumper with integrated 2" receiver hitch.
-New Optima Deep Cycle battery.
-New ignition module.
-New AM/FM stereo with aux input.
-New driver/passenger rear-view mirrors.
-New steering wheel.
-New emissions charcoal canister.
-New brake fluid reservoir.
-Includes standard 2" tow hitch and 4-way flat electrical connection for trailer.
-Includes Tuffy under-hood lock box.

Please advise if you have any questions. $30K OBO...bids are ONLY accepted on the Ironplanet listing above.
Sponsored

Last edited: