First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Had my Rubicon for about a month now. I am looking to go with 35” tires and I just don’t like the way it looks stock so I will probably choose to lift it a little too.

My question: I know the Mopar Lift and the Leveling kits will not void my warranty. Is it worth paying the $1500 for the suspension lift or half that for a really nice Leveling Kit? I don’t do any extreme off roading and I’ve had Leveling kits before that haven't affected ride Quality. Please list some pros and cons from personal Jeep experience or similar. Alright wrangler forum, let’s hear it.....
Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Had my Rubicon for about a month now. I am looking to go with 35” tires and I just don’t like the way it looks stock so I will probably choose to lift it a little too.

My question: I know the Mopar Lift and the Leveling kits will not void my warranty. Is it worth paying the $1500 for the suspension lift or half that for a really nice Leveling Kit? I don’t do any extreme off roading and I’ve had Leveling kits before that haven't affected ride Quality. Please list some pros and cons from personal Jeep experience or similar. Alright wrangler forum, let’s hear it.....
The Tereflex 1 1/2" spacer lift for $140 will do exactly what you want.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Most lifts you get new springs and a few other goodies. The Mopar will give you more than 2”, or so most have reported.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Most lifts you get new springs and a few other goodies. The Mopar will give you more than 2”, or so most have reported.
I got exactly 3.5” out of my Mopar lift, big difference from the spacer lift I used to have

9C039AC0-6EDF-43EB-8455-2C974669CD0C.jpeg

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Ride quality, ya get what ya pay for basically. Yeah you get ride height ya want but with spacers you’ll find certain situations where the shocks are almost maxed out and you’ll deff it.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I thought the look was great and it drove ok. But the factory Rubi shocks and springs were no match for the increased height and the 40lbs weight increase at each corner from my new tire/wheel set up. I read enough about the Mopar lift to know it wasn’t even close to a real 2” lift, much more like an actual 3.5” lift. With that said I didn’t have any surprises because I New what I was getting myself into. I knew I would need adjustable track bars to re center my axles and adjustable control arms to dial in caster and pinion angle. I went with all 8 arms, a little overkill if you ask me, but my OCD wasn’t allowing my to get just the front lowers. Anyway, the ride is slightly firmer but it handles so much better, that was an even trade off.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I have been down this road. Both Mopar lift and spacer lift.
A big question you need to ask yourself, do you suffer from any back pain. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my back is getting worse as time goes on.

The Spacer lift works and rides just as factory ride. The limits are on the shock length, you can go to shock extenders, but the stroke of the shorter shock is still limited. Next would be to get shocks for a 2 lift. Hope you find one that rides like factory ( soft ).

Mopar Lift. We all know it needs spring pads, track bars. added cost. It rides very good off road and handles heavier tires and wheels. The street ride is firm on small bumps in the road. This is what has me removing the mopar lift. My back is killing me. It's not a bad ride, it's just me and my health.
I have turned to Accutune comfort springs and Fox 2.0 LSC's. That is the closest to stock ride as I have found.

I'm in the middle of going back to the spacers with JT fox shocks to test out. I really want the lift but my back is not happy as a daily driver.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikeg_JLU2020

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 6-Speed, 2015 Jeep Patriot, 1968 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
Occupation
Real Estate Agent/Project Manager
I thought the look was great and it drove ok. But the factory Rubi shocks and springs were no match for the increased height and the 40lbs weight increase at each corner from my new tire/wheel set up. I read enough about the Mopar lift to know it wasn’t even close to a real 2” lift, much more like an actual 3.5” lift. With that said I didn’t have any surprises because I New what I was getting myself into. I knew I would need adjustable track bars to re center my axles and adjustable control arms to dial in caster and pinion angle. I went with all 8 arms, a little overkill if you ask me, but my OCD wasn’t allowing my to get just the front lowers. Anyway, the ride is slightly firmer but it handles so much better, that was an even trade off.
what is your wheel and tire setup? I want to upgrade and like what you did to your Rubicon

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have been down this road. Both Mopar lift and spacer lift.
A big question you need to ask yourself, do you suffer from any back pain. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my back is getting worse as time goes on.

The Spacer lift works and rides just as factory ride. The limits are on the shock length, you can go to shock extenders, but the stroke of the shorter shock is still limited. Next would be to get shocks for a 2 lift. Hope you find one that rides like factory ( soft ).

Mopar Lift. We all know it needs spring pads, track bars. added cost. It rides very good off road and handles heavier tires and wheels. The street ride is firm on small bumps in the road. This is what has me removing the mopar lift. My back is killing me. It's not a bad ride, it's just me and my health.
I have turned to Accutune comfort springs and Fox 2.0 LSC's. That is the closest to stock ride as I have found.

I'm in the middle of going back to the spacers with JT fox shocks to test out. I really want the lift but my back is not happy as a daily driver.
What tire are you running? what size and load range? I attribute the stiffer ride more to my load range E tires then I do the lift. I didn’t like the way it drove on the spacer lift, very unnerving at times. Body roll was an issue and it handled like absolute crap. I guess if your sticking with the factory 285’s or even a 315/70/17 in a C rated tire you should be ok.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
AEV Borah with 315 BFG KO's in the C load range. Trust me, I'm going full marshmallow... I need 70's Cadillac ride.

DSC_0086.JPG