19 Rubicon Mopar 2”Lift vs 2” Leveling Kit

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thank you for this informative response. I’m also considering this lift but heard it’s very firm and when trail riding feels like you are bottoming out on holes because it hits so hard. How does it feel on the bumps?
What you've just said is contradictory.

If the ride is firm, that means it's not bottoming out on holes, a soft suspension may do that.

You also need to understand what bottoming out means, it means that your shock's resistance was not able to absorb the impact of the hit, and the piston travels the entire length of the shock body. Which indicates a soft or leaky shock.

You actually want a firm suspension on harder hits, because the quick response of the suspension will be able to recover and let the tires fill the holes much faster than a soft suspension and actually absorb the impact. If you are bouncing all over the place, the shock is not doing it's job.

Last edited:
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 GC
I had the Mopar lift on my Sport and I wasn't impressed. It rode stiffer than many other lifts, and as some people have mentioned, the lift actually yields more than 2" on a Sport (lifts are generally rated on how much it will add to a Rubicon, so add another 1-1.5" for Sport/Sahara models).

When I bought my Rubicon, going from the Mopar lifted Sport to the stock Rubi it felt like I was in a luxury car. if/when the Rubicon gets lifted, I'll be doing my homework for sure this time. I've seen good reviews on the Dynatrac 2", but again I'll be studious before pulling the trigger.

As for warranty, I've heard it mentioned out of fear of voiding the warranty that people should use the Mopar lift. This is what I've been told from my cousin that works at a Jeep dealer, and blindly verified on another forum by a Jeep service manager: Your drivetrain warranty is safe if you stay within 2.5", any brand, and no larger than 33" diameter tires. If your transmission gives, for example, under those conditions your warranty stays intact. It's also worth mentioning that 315/70/17 KM3's on 8.5 inch wide wheels, even new the tires measure 33".
Jeep Wrangler JL 19 Rubicon Mopar 2”Lift vs 2” Leveling Kit JLJEEP

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I had the Mopar lift on my Sport and I wasn't impressed. It rode stiffer than many other lifts, and as some people have mentioned, the lift actually yields more than 2" on a Sport (lifts are generally rated on how much it will add to a Rubicon, so add another 1-1.5" for Sport/Sahara models).

When I bought my Rubicon, going from the Mopar lifted Sport to the stock Rubi it felt like I was in a luxury car. if/when the Rubicon gets lifted, I'll be doing my homework for sure this time. I've seen good reviews on the Dynatrac 2", but again I'll be studious before pulling the trigger.

As for warranty, I've heard it mentioned out of fear of voiding the warranty that people should consider the Mopar lift. This is what I've been told from my cousin that works at a Jeep dealer, and it has been blindly verified on another forum by a Jeep service manager: Your drivetrain warranty is safe if you stay with 2.5" max and no larger than 33" diameter tires. If your transmission gives, for example, under those conditions your warranty stays intact. It's also worth mentioning that 315/70/17 KM3's on 8.5 inch wide wheels, even new the tires measure 33".
JLJEEP.jpg
The problem with people expecting Jeep suspension to ride like luxury cars-

Take those luxury cars with a trunkload of gear off-road and you'll know exactly why these lifts are designed like they are.

With the exception of bypass shocks, it's unlikely your lift will ride softer than stock.

Last edited:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Wow that's a very clean Jeep for where's it's been. ;)
Thanks.

I'm now on Synergy 2" springs with JT Mojave bypass shocks. I'm very happy with this set up. It gets a soft street ride ( as close to stock Rubicon ) as I have tried. With the bypass they don't bottom out like a normal shock. It's truly the best of both worlds.
Sponsored