Sponsored

19 JLUSport map lights?

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
Hi, had my JLUSport for about two weeks now. I noticed there are a pair of lenses, one on either side of the rear view mirror. I dimly recall the salesman telling me how to turn them on but I can't figure it out. I don't see them clearly mentioned in the owners manual either. Are these just cut outs for a higher trim level? I would really like some dim lighting to shine down on the cup holders at night. Anyone else have these on a Sport S - do they work?

Thanks,
3illy
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Hi, had my JLUSport for about two weeks now. I noticed there are a pair of lenses, one on either side of the rear view mirror. I dimly recall the salesman telling me how to turn them on but I can't figure it out. I don't see them clearly mentioned in the owners manual either. Are these just cut outs for a higher trim level? I would really like some dim lighting to shine down on the cup holders at night. Anyone else have these on a Sport S - do they work?

Thanks,
3illy
I don’t notice any “lenses” in my Rubi, but there’s a grill on either side of the rear view mirror stalk. I think they are either microphones for the phone, or part of the noise canceling system.

OP
OP

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t notice any “lenses” in my Rubi, but there’s a grill on either side of the rear view mirror stalk. I think they are either microphones for the phone, or part of the noise canceling system.
I'll have to take a closer look at my sport bar. They are grilled, like you said. I shined my phones flashlight up into them, I thought I saw some diffused plastic behind the grills.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought all JL models had a light in the cup holder. Is that not bright enough? There is a dial adjustment for it that sits just left of the steering wheel. It's not bright by any means but is enough to locate where to put your cup.

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
If you turn the brightness up on your cell phone screen the map will become brighter.

If you would like more ambient lighting you'll probably need to install some LED's.

Sponsored

OP
OP

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought all JL models had a light in the cup holder. Is that not bright enough? There is a dial adjustment for it that sits just left of the steering wheel. It's not bright by any means but is enough to locate where to put your cup.
They do and are plenty bright; IF they are not completely occluded by large opaque cups. So, if I were driving about with clear glass whiskey snifters I am sure they would be perfect. HAH!

What I'd really like is the tiny, blue, led beam light I had in my 2007 Honda Civic that always shown down on the center console. This light was always on but so unobtrusive as to be unnoticeable unless you were actually looking down at the center console. Can anyone recommend a third party mod that does this? Or even the proper name of the light so I know what to google for?

Thank you,
3illy

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this would fit the need but a small 5/8" drill and an LED might just do the trick. You could also put a flush mount switch next to it if you wanted to be able to turn it off and on when needed. There are other LED's that are surface mount so you could do it that way also.

center03.jpg

center01.jpg

center05.jpg

center04.jpg
Sponsored