Sponsored

19 JLU sport, running 35's with 16 inch rims?

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Made a big purchase yesterday for some toys, got myself a winch w/ synthertic rope, air compressor for inflating tires, bumper (came with the lights, winch mount, shackles saved some money on that) and a couple other things that are a nice to have for the trails.

Next year I would like to get a 2.5 inch lift, 16 inch rims? ( or 17's) and 35's with AT or MT tires. Now can 16 inch rims be able to fit? or would I have to go to 17. Currently ave 18 inch rims but think the JLU will greatly benefit with smaller rims on the trails.

Thanks
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Made a big purchase yesterday for some toys, got myself a winch w/ synthertic rope, air compressor for inflating tires, bumper (came with the lights, winch mount, shackles saved some money on that) and a couple other things that are a nice to have for the trails.

Next year I would like to get a 2.5 inch lift, 16 inch rims? ( or 17's) and 35's with AT or MT tires. Now can 16 inch rims be able to fit? or would I have to go to 17. Currently ave 18 inch rims but think the JLU will greatly benefit with smaller rims on the trails.

Thanks
Might send a message to @JIMBOX he ran 16s and IIRC he said they fit the JL
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-16x8-alloy-wheels-w-lt295-70x16-tires.22781/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Would Caliper Clearance be an issue if wanted to upgrade to the Rubicon, Sahara, Willys " Big Brakes "?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Would Caliper Clearance be an issue if wanted to upgrade to the Rubicon, Sahara, Willys " Big Brakes "?
I would think the bigger calipers/rotors in front would be a problem, maybe if the offset was very negative on the wheels you might be ok, but probably not worth the risk. Might send a PM to @JIMBOX and see what he says though.
Sponsored