liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
We will file your response under: doesn't get what the OP means but just wants to make a jerky comment.
Appreciate the support. Jeep forum participant’s prickly personalities are not a new thing. You find them on earlycj5.net (and it’s predecessor earlycj5.com) also. And that comment was almost exactly the same as another one further up. Bring it.

My main point was that even though they’ve been building orange and stinggray and blue, none are in 1800 units of inventory. Are dealers not ordering them for inventory (only for sold customer orders)? Are there built-in delays if they do order them?
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Appreciate the support. Jeep forum participant’s prickly personalities are not a new thing. You find them on earlycj5.net (and it’s predecessor earlycj5.com) also. And that comment was almost exactly the same as another one further up. Bring it.

My main point was that even though they’ve been building orange and stinggray and blue, none are in 1800 units of inventory. Are dealers not ordering them for inventory (only for sold customer orders)? Are there built-in delays if they do order them?
I’m only saying that FCA is responsible for this, because if they had released all the colours at the launch of the JL, it probably would’ve been different... Maybe not a huge lot, as even if people might like/love some colours, buying one and owning it for 5-10 years is sometimes too much of a step...
Again, not against you, but these companies have to build/offer what sells the most.

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
FCA is a for profit company which means they are in the business of making money. Although I am with you that it sucks not to have full color availability, you definitely seem intelligent enough to understand why. An extremely large percentage of new vehicle purchases fall into the neutral (silver, grey,black, white etc..) category. So as lame as it is that you can’t pick up a nacho from the lot (I like nacho btw!), it makes sense from a business perspective to not have your inventory tied up in less than popular colors. FCA probably think they will sell 1 yellow Jeep to the 80 silver Jeeps (made up statistic for demonstrating), and that explains the current on-lot offerings.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
Yeah it was disappointing that majority of the launch colors could be viewed on a black and white TV. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, FCA is in it for the profit. My years of W-2s from them tell me they've been successful.
They currently allow orders on eight colors. Only five are on lots. Is it because dealers are not ordering them for inventory (vs sold orders)? If so, is that because they know FCA will be slow delivering any except those five? If FCA is willing to build orange, blue and stinggray, and it is, they should be on dealer lots in SOME non-zero amount.
I don't have the answers, but in my years of watching and participating in the auto industry, it's just curious.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
From what we’ve seem here, they’ve only delivered 1 Sting Gray, couple Ocean Blue and 1 Punk’n. So it kinda feels like production hasn’t really started, just had some «samples » out, juat like they did with Nacho before killing it...

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yes, FCA is in it for the profit. My years of W-2s from them tell me they've been successful.
They currently allow orders on eight colors. Only five are on lots. Is it because dealers are not ordering them for inventory (vs sold orders)? If so, is that because they know FCA will be slow delivering any except those five? If FCA is willing to build orange, blue and stinggray, and it is, they should be on dealer lots in SOME non-zero amount.
I don't have the answers, but in my years of watching and participating in the auto industry, it's just curious.
It’s most likely just dealers not ordering gem for inventory. If you know 95% of your sales are going to be monochrome or red, why would you use some of your inventory on a long-shot color? You want cars on the lot that will appeal to the highest number of potential buyers so you can offload them as fast as possible.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth

you kind of self defeat the defense you and others have made of your OP with your line "even though they've been building orange and stingray and blue".... what evidence do you have that they have? 1 sting gray, 2 ocean blue, and 1 punkn don't exactly support 'they've been building'. maybe they've opened orders for, but that doesn't equate to it's really truely in production. French's retort back to you addresses your inferred and then confirmed belief or opinion that they've been building... don't think tis so

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
you kind of self defeat the defense you and others have made of your OP with your line "even though they've been building orange and stingray and blue".... what evidence do you have that they have? 1 sting gray, 2 ocean blue, and 1 punkn don't exactly support 'they've been building'. maybe they've opened orders for, but that doesn't equate to it's really truely in production. French's retort back to you addresses your inferred and then confirmed belief or opinion that they've been building... don't think tis so
In fairness there's a MUCH larger world outside of this forum. I'm actually not even sure what you're on about.

Sponsored

OP
OP
liquids

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, so your perusal of three threads on one forum on one web site convinces you they've produced only 4 vehicles in those colors. Go back in your hole.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Oh, so your perusal of three threads on one forum on one web site convinces you they've produced only 4 vehicles in those colors. Go back in your hole.
Well I’m pretty sure there’s only 1 Sting Gray as @JLWF Dealer Guy has been able to locate and track it as THE ONE. So not sure who’s in a hole right now

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
I have as other evidence extensive research of the available inventory in the Detroit metro area by my good buddy liquid:clap:

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
From what we’ve seem here, they’ve only delivered 1 Sting Gray, couple Ocean Blue and 1 Punk’n. So it kinda feels like production hasn’t really started, just had some «samples » out, juat like they did with Nacho before killing it...
There's a Nacho Sport sitting outside at our Canmore dealership for almost 2 months. If it were a Rubicon, there's a good chance I would've bought it since it's obviously a rare color now.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I just wanted to add a quick comment to this thread. After looking at the sting grey pictures, I like that grey just fine too. Definitely not your typical grey.
Sponsored