18 or 17 inch Rims with 35s no Lift post your pictures

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on KMC beadlocks. no lift and no spacers,I mounted the tire to the spare tire mount and it felt like it was to weak to hold the tire plus the problems with the reverse cam.
IMG_1644-2.jpg
@Daniwood are these the kmc machete 229 wheels? Either way, what are the specs? I'm looking to order some but it would be my first time ordering aftermarket wheels and I don't want to screw up as I can't afford it lol. Does this look like the correct specs? https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...emDNEdRhUL7aK4NtEtTb0oDe4g2fStKBoCCgcQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
IMG_20190713_140049.jpg

35 exo grapplers, 17 XD addicts. No lift.
Looks great!!! Would those tires fit on stock Rubicon wheels/rims, which are 7.5" wide, or are they too narrow? Nitto states that the stock Rubicon wheels are NOT recommended but I see Discount Tire stating that they are fine.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hello All,

I am planning on putting 35s once I get my JLUR. I don't plan on adding a lift. I am debating whether I should go with 18-inch rims or 17-inch rims. Can you post some pictures of your jeeps with those size rims to help me decide?

Thanks!
17" is my vote
18" and above look... "Pimpish". Just my opinion.

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Toyo MT’s
According to the information from Nitto, the stock Rubicon wheels (7.5") are too narrow. Not the case?

I love the look and I am wanting to do the same. I just thought the stock Rubicon wheels were not recommended.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
gWKWwTGiBnMDwGhSEqxB5oLt6z58dejyeCVJyPpMmYzud_udkEgBHcwir1nWmUwS_drvHPpo5CdN4_n7cY=w1688-h949-no.jpg
35x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock rims, no spacers.
Can you give us some pictures from front to back and back to front? I would like to see if the tires stick out slightly beyond the edge of the fender flares. Thank you!

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Looks great!!! Would those tires fit on stock Rubicon wheels/rims, which are 7.5" wide, or are they too narrow? Nitto states that the stock Rubicon wheels are NOT recommended but I see Discount Tire stating that they are fine.
That was my original plan to use stock Rubicon snowflake rims. My local Discount Tire actually refused to mount them, which I thought was interesting... Yes people have found places to mount them on stock rims, but I was unsuccessful... I didn't try very hard though...

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
here was my jeep with 35x12.5x17 on stock rubicon wheels and no spacers.

35's 1.jpeg

35's 2.jpeg
Thanks for posting. Looks great by the way. You mentioned... "here was my Jeep"... Did you go to 37's?

So how did your JL perform with 35's on it compared to the stock 33's?

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
That was my original plan to use stock Rubicon snowflake rims. My local Discount Tire actually refused to mount them, which I thought was interesting... Yes people have found places to mount them on stock rims, but I was unsuccessful... I didn't try very hard though...
The smallest width Nitto recommends for the 35" X 12.5" X 17 Ridge Grappler tire is 8.5". I know these tires will work on the 7.5" width Rubicon wheels, it's posted all over our forum, but if something happened with the tire, like a defect or blow-out, etc., Nitto is probably gonna say "sorry...this tire was mounted improperly". That's a shame because I was wanting to just upgrade to those tires without buying 5 new wheels (including the spare).

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for posting. Looks great by the way. You mentioned... "here was my Jeep"... Did you go to 37's?

So how did your JL perform with 35's on it compared to the stock 33's?
Thanks

Actually no, I said “was” because since those pictures I have added 1.5” bora wheels spacers.